Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna
$124
  • Restaurant
Austria Classic Hotel Wien(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$107
The Harmonie Vienna(Vienna)
$162
$141
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I once again stayed at the Radisson Blu Palais hotel and regretted it once again. Luckily for everybody, the hotel is about to close down by the end of the year for a reconstruction and I hope that the staff will get "reconstructed" as well.
The hotel including the bedrooms and whole environment are dirty, entering and using bathroom can make you really sick, there is no service at the breakfast, no service at the lobby bar, the staff explains you that they are really busy even though you cannot see anyone doing anything. The cook replenishing the breakfast buffet wears a baseball cap ????? you have to sit at a dirty table waiting ages for someone cleaning it up for you. I am sure I will never ever come again. My bedroom was stinky and not cleaned properly for many years, I believe.
Ordering a coffee is generally a problem throughout all bars in Vienna. I am not sure what happened to this city but good service is something you hardly ever get anywhere.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can, it is a waste of money and your energy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katekl
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Kateki,

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We appreciate any constructive guest comment in order to improve our product and service. Please rest assured that your feedback has been discussed with the management and actions have been taken in order to avoid situations like this in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was not going to write a bad review about the hotel, until I wrote an E-mail to their manager, and she didn't respond. That showed that didn't care about what I had to say. In fact, I have never written a review about any hotel. So you know that I am really angry.

Let me just say honestly, I am not exaggerating and I am not being outrageous. At least that is my opinion.

As you will notice I am rating everything 1/5, because their lack of professionalism caused me to dislike everything about the hotel.

This is what I sent after my stay: Verena Hager-Jansen - Guest Relations & Duty Manager.
And I promise to all of you that she never responded.

I truthfully must say my stay was indeed not pleasant due to an issue regarding my payment.

I am a medical student, and as you know for students it is not easy to gather enough funds to stay in a high star hotel. Also medical students do not get much vacation time.

Despite this, I had saved for months and organized a one night vacation for my girlfriend and I. I had booked the hotel accomodation, and did my duty as a client to have all the receipts with me.

I chose to pay extra and stay in a high star hotel like Raddison because of its high reputation and prestige, assuming they would treat me accordingly.

Instead, the minute I walked in the hotel to check-in, the clerks were telling me that I did not pay and made me wait 33 minutes while they went in and checked with their supervisor. I showed them my confirmation booking, and they still didn't have my payment for some reason. After a while, they told me the issue is settled. And asked me for a cash deposit.

But then, the same thing happened when I checked out. The desk clerks told me I had not paid, and I must pay now. This time I had to wait 47 minutes at the desk while they tried to figure out what was happening. Then you came told me that the clerks at check-in had made a mistake by swiping my credit card when they weren't supposed to. When the issue was over I had left the hotel.

But I later realized they let me leave without my deposit! I had to run back and ask for my deposit back. That is incredibly unprofessional.

As you can imagine this would be very embarrasing for anyone, especially for a medical student who does not have the surplus bank account that many other individuals might have. Keeping in mind, that my girlfriend was with me the entire time. Therefore, this made me feel very embarrased and worried, although I had done everything correctly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank iwillneverlie
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Yikes, where to begin. I left a list of problems with the room 456, at 7 a.m., at the front desk. At 4 p.m., I returned and not only was nothing on the list resolved, I could add additional problems, not the least of which the supervisor on duty said she would call me in 10 minutes and in fact did not return my call. Leaking faucet, broken electrical with the shaving mirror light, hair dryer not working properly, uneven entry into bathroom causing tripping, black spotting on bathroom ceiling (mold?), caulking not adhering, wallpaper holes, no drawers for clothes.....oh I cannot go on. Go to the Marriott next door.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Duke001,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. First and foremost, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for the incidents that occurred during your stay.
I certainly understand your disappointment with regards to the condition of your room and that the service your received from the front desk with regards to the issue, was not as you expected it to be. Please rest assured that your valued feedback has been discussed and trainings have been put into place. We appreciate any constructive comments like yours so we can constantly improve our service and product.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

HOTEL
The property has definitively seen its best days long ago. However, well situated and close to the action. The lobby/reception desk is still in urgency of renovation and not one of a 4* hotel.
ROOM
We paid for a suite upgrade upon checking (from superior double) on the Royal floor. Room was big with nice living room. Mini bar free of charge top. However the 'problems' started there. In the upgrade package we received free breakfast and 'free' drinks & finger food allowance at lobby bar.
This really mitigated negatively our stay at this RADISSON property & management need to fix;
1) upon our drinks order inside the lobby bar, this directly from the head of bar (very alone at serving 10+ guests same time!)- the snobbish and very unwelcoming gentleman not only told us that he would only serve us peanuts to us but also failed to tell us that mojitos were not for free neither BEFORE serving us and then a very salted bill. All that circus, only to see him later serving finger food to another table of an elderly couple that we learnt from them had same royal floor package.. Pathetic..

2) Coming for breakfast in the morning, unfortunately upgrades are not communicated properly from reception to them upstairs at breakfast room. We were forced to queue 20 minutes downstairs in the lobby ourselves for clearing that out before enjoying it. In a similar quality hotel, the staff would have fixed that by a phone call and not sending their guests up and down to correct their own IT system defficiency. It wasted our whole RADISSON experience to be honest. This is not what to expect from such wannabe 4-5* property. This Radisson suite upgrade fee is definitively not worth the extra money.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank AlexLX64

Dear AlexLX64,

Thank you for your reaching out and sharing your opinion about your stay at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel Vienna. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. I was sad to read that you were not satisfied with the service you received from the bar staff and the inconveniences that occurred with regards to your room upgrade. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the whole team. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. I do understand how this occurrence could break your confidence in the service that you are accustomed to as a valued guest. Please rest assured that this extremely rare incident will be addressed accordingly.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is very disappointing. We ordered 4 rooms for a Family vacation. 2 rooms were "Royal Club". The room was big and nicely decorated. But is was not clean. The shower was with mold all over. The toilets were stinking. The room was not clean one of the days. This is not what you pay for a Radisson.
Ugly. Take another hotel.
We prepaid the rooms and the breakfast and had a receipt to confirm that. Even so, at the front desk they said we did not pay and requested us to pay. Than they said we did not pay enough and they charged our room for 150 Euro more. At the end they so it was a mistake and we got the money back.
Bad bad place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Amit553
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Amit553,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest rooms and the service of the Front Desk staff. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that the issues were discussed with the department heads involved. We appreciate any constructive comments made by our guests in order to further improve our service and product.