“Good property, centrally located”

and 1 more site!
Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna
Ranked #263 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a good property located centrally in Vienna. The lobby is very beautiful. The rooms are standard, spacious, clean rooms. The bathroom was clean and spacious, but the shower did not have a door, and the shower curtain was 6 inches too short, thereby allowing water to spray all over the bathroom. At the end of each shower, I had a puddle of water all over the bathroom floor. The front desk was always too busy whenever I needed help, and so I was hardly able to get the help I needed from the staff. Regardless, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear FoxyDerick,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the service of the front desk staff and that the bathroom did not meet your expectations. We appreciate any comments made by our guests in order to constantly improve our service and product. Your feedback has been passed on and discussed with the department heads. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel Vienna in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna. Verena, the manager was extremely courteous and accommodating. She honored my requests for a room with a view. To that end, I was given an upgrade and stayed in one of their very unique and beautiful rooms called the "Maisonette Suite". The room manager greeted me as well as I was heading to my room and ensured that all my needs were met and followed up with me in that regard the following day. I was also invited to have breakfast in a very cozy separate second-floor breakfast room overlooking the Stadtpark associated with the Royal club guests. In that regard, Verena also ensured that gluten free bread was available for me given my food allergies. The breakfast staff was very friendly and the food was tasty and plentiful.
It was truly a great treat to return from a busy day and be greeted by wonderful sounds emanating from the lobby by the talented hotel pianist. He was serenading the guests who were listening attentively to every musical phrase spun with sensitivity and beauty.

The hotel ambiance, being a former palace, is truly an enriching and memorable experience in and of itself, with stunning staircases and grand vestibules. Wishing the hotel management and staff all the very best. Thank you Verena and your team for a memorable and royal stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear myimpressions,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please rest assured that your valued feedback and comments have been passed on to the team. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The reason we picked this hotel, in the main, was its location.
It is in walking distance to most of the desirable points of interest, and is close to a street car stop.
It is somewhat impersonal, but our room was adequate, and quiet.
The cost, for Vienna, was reasonable and we enjoyed our stay.
We would recommend it, especially if you find a room rate better than the rack rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harri H

Dear Harri H,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel Vienna. Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked a so called "Maisonette Suite". Reception staff were friendly, but we missed this little extra, a smile. The room was large, however, some details were not correct : ice cube container was missing the ice machine on the floor level was damaged. Breakfast was a Night mare : buffet was almost empty, however still 90 minutes missing until official breakfast serving ended. Most of tables were packed with dirty stuff from the former guests, no staff member came to clear the tables.
Waiting time for the coffee : 30 minutes, and only as I went up to ask the waiter.
After 60 minutes, tables still without clearing.
Positibe point : when I claimed at receptions, the next day most things were correctly done, however, as well here, missed the smile, specially on the breakfast staff faces. Would I stay here again ? No, most probably not.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reto1961
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Reto 1961,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the breakfast service. Our goal is to ensure we are offering fresh food and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Please rest assured that your valued feedback has been passed on to the involved departments and trainings for team members have been issued.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

It's not the best SAS hotel I have stayed at, but it was fine for one night. The superior room was okay nothing special with a view of the park across the street. The location is within easy walking distance to the historic part of the city. They offer free internet in the business center which is a nice plus. Stadtpark metro station is very close by.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Creeping_Death_LA,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel Vienna. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I wasn't sure how to write this review as my wife loved almost everything about it. I think I looked a bit deeper. So would we stay again? Probably yes, because; Great location, opposite the park, friendly, helpful staff and good value.

We paid then extra on arrival to get an upgrade to a suite. we were very impressed with the size of the rooms, lounge and bedroom. Having a look around the carpet was wearing and a bit of rust in the bathroom, but not dirty.

we went down to the bar for our drinks and nibbles (included) the bar area itself has people smoking in it, which my wife and I cannot stand, there is an area out in the main lobby to sit so we settled in. the drinks came then a tasting plate of hot food this was great and it was just for the 2 of us so very relaxing.

the hotel staff recommended and booked an authentic restaurant for us (see review Esterhazykeller) and gave us clear directions.

Breakfast was down in an area off from the lobby as we walked around to find a table, again, at breakfast someone was smoking a cigar???? not to worry there are "safe" places to sit. breakfast was a buffet and was good.

The hotel has a small gym up stairs, very small and the say the have city views from the out side roof area I used the gym once (I was lazy) and looked out on the roof not a bad view if you stand up on a box.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear SteveTraveller1255,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel Vienna. We appreciate any comments made by our guests in order to continuously improve our service and product. Please rest assured that your valued feedback has been passed on and discussed with the departments involved.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Raddison was just OK for one night. Room was as clean as you can get for old furniture and fixtures. The staff at check in were always overwhelmed with complaints. Long lines and waits for check in and out. Don't trust hotel photos. Would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear SMCNaples,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Please rest assured that your valued feedback has been passed on to the concerned departments.