“World class collection”

Natural History Museum (Naturhistorisches Museum)
Book In Advance
$90.07*
Private Vienna City Tour with Schonbrunn Palace Visit and Lunch
Ranked #10 of 588 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: The highlights of this natural history museum include a significant collection of dinosaur skeletons and meteorites in addition to a large display of insects from around the world.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

A single visit will not be enough to do justice to what is on offer. Unless you are an expert, say in Mineralogy, an audio guide is a must. You can get an English language audio guide which offers an excellent commentary accessible for all ages. It will highlight the Top 100 exhibits for which you should be prepared to allot several hours. I somehow missed some of the numbers which were sometimes like a scavenger hunt to locate. Whether it is the meteorite hall or the dinosaur exhibit, you will learn something new and come away totally satisfied with the experience. The quality and range of the specimens is amazing and unlikely to be seen in many places elsewhere in the world, at least under a single roof. I would rate this amongst the top 10 places to visit in Vienna and it was not even on my radar before coming here.

There are newer reviews for Natural History Museum (Naturhistorisches Museum)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We enjoyed our vistit to the museum, it was really intreresting. If you like such things you should stop by.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you want to know world's species evolution until nowadays, you should spend at least one full afternoon there (or one day!). The exposition starts on very begining of evolution, until now. They have some dinosaurs robots and real size animal replicas. Also, you can see some stones from space, and even touch them!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We spent 2-3 hours wondering around this musuem and learnt alot of history, not so much about Austria but about the world also. It is worth visiting with fantastic displays however not all displays are in English which is a little disappointing. I'd still go though.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a wonderful museum! Not overly expensive - I don't remember exactly but I believe it was 10 EUR for each adult. Camera were permitted as long as you didn't take any flash photos. I think my husband and I spent 2 hours looking at the rocks alone!
Everything was educational and beautiful. Altogether, we spent 4-5 hours but only ended up seeing half of what was on exhibit.
This kind of museum would be good for groups, kids, or adults. This was great for us as it was pretty hot outside at the time and we wanted to be inside.