“Excellent experience.”

Natural History Museum (Naturhistorisches Museum)
Book In Advance
More Info
$129.38*
and up
Welcome to Vienna - Vienna Card, Hop-on-Hop off...
Ranked #15 of 813 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: The highlights of this natural history museum include a significant collection of dinosaur skeletons and meteorites in addition to a large display of insects from around the world.
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I was not sure about how this museum would end up being for me as I have already been to many natural history museums but you have any interest in natural history you must visit. It was amazing, the architecture of the building is beautiful for one. The displays are enormous and informative. We spent nearly 8 hours here and we still had to rush at the end because of the sheer volume of content of this museum. I highly recommend if you are interested science or natural history.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,949)
All reviews
in 50 reviews
"minerals"
in 276 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great natural-history museum. Especially liked the first floor with earth-history and dinosaurs. Worth the visit. Try to spend at least 1/2 day here. If you have kids you will need a full day.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

You really get value for the money ! Great exhibition both for kids and adults. The museum is in two floors.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

i saw the bodyworks exhibition which was very interesting an a must see, the rest of the museum was more for children but still good

See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I do have to admit that I was not very impressed until I entered the Jurassic age display of the museum. The inner kid in me dug its way out in response to the multiple displays of dino-glory. The human evolution display was also fascinating with multiple exhibits that made my mind dream of days without the conveniences we have now.

We only made it through the first level before we were pretty much exhausted, but it felt like a great use of time and the low entry fee. Keep an eye out for the paintings and statues strewn about the upper walls and ceilings as well.