“On the house!”

Ranked #2,332 of 4,239 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Wieden
Description: The owner, George, is extremely welcoming and even crosses the street to solicit people as they leave the Belvedere Palace. He told us if we didn't like the food we wouldn't have to pay for it! The tuna salad was excellent...very fresh food. It's across the street from the beautiful Belvedere Palace (one of the entrances). The owner gave us a glass of red wine complimentary to thank us for coming in (even before I told him I would post a complimentary note on Trip Advisor!)
Moscow, Russia
“On the house!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was really taken aback after all reviews about this restaurant, because I was invited by the owner to have a cup of coffee. He seemed really nice and welcoming. Along with traditional coffee of Vienna he brough me a plate of traditional desserts - Sacher, honey cake and strudel. Everything was amazingly delicious and I had a feeling of being treated as a really honored guest. When I asked for the check, I was told it was on the house. I didn't check TripAdvisor before and I was really lucky, otherwise I would definitely deny George's proposal to come to his restaurant and have a cup of coffee with delicious desserts.
George, thank you very much for your hospitality once again.

• Visited May 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Ad Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“Great experience for us!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I see that there are a lot of bad reviews, but we had the opposite experience. We did meet the owner outside the restaurant by the gate, but I equate that with sound business techniques. In a tourist area, it makes sense to mingle. After visiting the museum, we went to the restaurant and had a fantastic meal. The service was great and our bill was similar to other restaurants we visited in Vienna. We are going to visit his brother's restuarant in Canada this year and we hope that we feel as welcome there as we did at this restaurant.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank TanyaLopez
“Too pushy”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

The owner was very pushy. He kept trying to get us to try everything. I took it to mean he was trying to make us feel welcome but he was conning us. I would not go back and I would not recommend you going there either.

• Visited February 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch ok”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We hadn't read the reviews before going. We had a good lunch here and didn't experience any problems other users mentioned.

belfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid, avoid, avoid.”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

On a day trip to Vienna we were unlucky enough to meet the resturant owner on the street who invited us into his resturant on the pretence of helping us by giving us a map and directions as well as two drinks" on the house" !!. He was in fact setting the scene for us to return that evening for a meal in order to get as much money out of us as possible. Similar experience to previous patrons!!. I ordered a starter of humous and bread which arrived along with seven other plates of starters and a salad. I said i didn't want them however the waitress insisted it was part of a greek meal. The menu was in german, no english. The waitress suggested kebabs - these were "specials" both of which were well below average quality and not on the menu. We were then presented with a dessert "on the house". The bill included one glass of wine, one water and two coffees. Total cost of the meal was 83 euro. Avoid this resturant at all costs.

• Visited November 2011