“Enjoyable lunch”

Restaurant Lebenbauer
Ranked #5 of 4,417 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Non smoking restaurant,Fish, Chicken, vegetarian (vegan)Dishes, Viennas wine restaurant of the year (presented by austria wine marketing and wirtshausfuhrer austria) Closed saturday, sunday and the holy days.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The quality of food is exceptionally high. We liked everything: the booking process, our table and the service. Mr. Lebenbauer himself gave us suggestions on the menue and offered desserts. I'd go to this restaurant again and againg, and would also love to find the recipes they use.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Finding a vegetarian restaurant in Vienna is not an easy task, though to be fair, there were fish dishes and two chicken. We only had one veggie in the party but the rest of us were happy without meat for a meal.
I was the only one to go for the fixed menu, with a choice of three or four courses. Each course came with a recommended wine but you had to request the wine, so I missed out on the soup wine! Interesting unusual flavours with portions that did not overwhelm you, everybody enjoyed their meal.
The décor is smart and many of the clientele also but we didn't feel out of place in tourist gear. You can eat outside but the street gets a fair amount of traffic - if wouldn't be my choice. On a Friday night in April, I booked at around 6pm without difficulty; the restaurant was full so I guess I was lucky.
We will be back on the next visit.

2  Thank John L
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Do find the time to make a reservation, a haven both in food choices and smoke free environment.
A real treasure in Vienna.Lovely attentive staff, language no problem. BOOK IT NOW

2  Thank Sylviannethesaint
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I probably couldn't last a day not being a carnivore ... but then Lebenbauer Vollwert came into my life. Location-wise the restaurant is terribly easy to find, being just off the Freyung and thus right in the hustle and bustle of old Vienna. The atmosphere strikes the right balance between cosy and classic, and should please those on a romantic date as well as those intending to talk shop. That having been said, the true reason for recommending this establishment is its food. I come from a tiny island crazy about its seafood - and I must in particular say that the fillet of seared fish I was served was subtle, and the plating artful. I should also mention the very palatable riesling that accompanied the dish. Price-wise it's not cheap but neither is it expensive: all in all I do believe you do get your money's worth.

2  Thank Wolyrager
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were waling down Teinfaltstrasse and saw this inviting restaurant with its intriguingly different menu, which is either vegetarian or fish, so decided to try it out. We were not disappointed. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and took the time to explain each of the various dishes to us in english. After our order had been taken a selection of beautiful fresh, home-baked breads was brought to our table for us to enjoy – and we did! Both the vegetarian and fish dishes were cooked very well and so we had a very enjoyable meal. There was also a very reasonable option of having a matched glass of wine with each course. We decided to do this and were not disappointed as the excellent wines, which were each described to us as they were brought to the table, really did add to the food experience. The restaurant is beautifully furnished and a real delight to be in to relax, eat great food and drink great wine. We had a really wonderful evening here.

1  Thank BOWUK