“We had a really wonderful evening here.”

Restaurant Lebenbauer
Ranked #3 of 4,231 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Non smoking restaurant,Fish, Chicken, vegetarian (vegan)Dishes, Viennas wine restaurant of the year (presented by austria wine marketing and wirtshausfuhrer austria)
Scotland
“We had a really wonderful evening here.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were waling down Teinfaltstrasse and saw this inviting restaurant with its intriguingly different menu, which is either vegetarian or fish, so decided to try it out. We were not disappointed. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and took the time to explain each of the various dishes to us in english. After our order had been taken a selection of beautiful fresh, home-baked breads was brought to our table for us to enjoy – and we did! Both the vegetarian and fish dishes were cooked very well and so we had a very enjoyable meal. There was also a very reasonable option of having a matched glass of wine with each course. We decided to do this and were not disappointed as the excellent wines, which were each described to us as they were brought to the table, really did add to the food experience. The restaurant is beautifully furnished and a real delight to be in to relax, eat great food and drink great wine. We had a really wonderful evening here.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BOWUK

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Barcelona, Spain
“Pretty darn good, not cheap”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Really enjoyed the thyme-tofu avocado and quinoa dish I just ate. It was creative and well done, though maybe a bit heavy on on the thyme. it was also a bit pricey, but convenient for where I was working. If on a tight budget, you might want to look for something else.

• Visited July 2012
California
“Fine dining - vegetarian style”
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

When you're vegetarian, finding a quality restaurant is always an adventure. I've been using TA to help and hit the jackpot in Vienna. This restaurant was likely the best veggie restaurant I've ever eaten at. The menu didn't have lots of variety, but the dishes available were subtle, superb and beautiful. Don't worry if you're going with a non-veggie, there is chicken and fish in the menu. We particularly enjoyed the curry and ginger soup and the risotto. Enjoy!

1 Thank CaptRC
Vienna, Austria
“Very delicious! And also delisious for my eyes!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

A small restaurant with first class vegetarian kitchen. For those who do not like only vegeterian food you can get also very good and healthy meals.
I was there with my vegeterian friends (I am not vegeterian!) and we all were delighted of the atmosphere, the friendly service, we had a great evening in the city center!
We want to come back, excellent quality food - served by such kind staff!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank margaret21_10
Geneva, Switzerland
“A superb veggie dinner with excellent service”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

A superb veggie dinner including an appetizer on the house and a fancy 3 course dinner - 3 cold tapas starter for my partner (which was definitely the better choice), pumpkin soup starter for myself, a seasoned tofu main with a small salad, and 3 small dessert sampler plate to finish. The fine details made this the best veggie dinner we had in Vienna - and we had 4!

Per the owner's suggestion, we started with a pink prosecco and had white wine with the meal.

Service was attentive and with a smile. The owner was the most cordial server, but may be it was because he spoke good English.

The only issue we had was when we showed up 1/2 hour early asking if we could squeeze in and we were almost told that we didn't have a reservation at all. I'm not sure if it was a language barrier or if, when they saw my disappointment, they DID squeeze us in - but we did have to come back in 1/2 hour. There isn't a bar or lounge to wait at that I saw.

Highly recommended - with a reservation.

• Visited December 2011