“Kulinarium 7 should be renamed Kulinarium 10/10”
Review of Kulinarium 7

Kulinarium 7
Ranked #505 of 4,390 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neubau
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My partner and I very much enjoyed our dinner at Kulinarium 7. We both ordered the 5 course set menu which turned out to be a great choice - highlights included the poached egg soup, the roast beef and the creme brulee for dessert. In addition to our 5 courses, we were also given several amuse bouches, which was a very nice touch. The presentation of each dish was exciting, in particular the smoked fish. Throughout the night, service was truly outstanding - all our waiters/waitresses spoke excellent English and were very polite. I mentioned it was my partner's birthday, and the kitchen sent out an extra cake for dessert. Because of all these factors, we thought the price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend Kularium 7 to anyone looking for an exciting, stylish and modern dining experience in Vienna!

1  Thank rex p
kulinarium7, Inhaber at Kulinarium 7, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thanks guys for taking your time to write that very kind review.
My team and I do appreciate any kind of comments.
We are happy, that you found your way to our place, coming from the other side of this planet !

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stumbled on Kulinarium 7 when visiting the Christmas market and looking for a quick lunch. The choice was limited but. The food and service were so great we decided to return for a dinner. This second visit was even more special with a wide variety of starters, compliments of the chef, and an excellent range of food and extensive wine selection. This restaurant has become one of absolute favourites in Vienna.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food and service were fantastic.
The entrees in particular - the duck 3 ways was my favourite - the duck liver parfait was so light and smooth!
The seafood soup was superb.
The unexpected amuse bouche was a bonus - it was delicate and delicious.
The wine was great - we hadn't really thought much of Austrian wine before that.

The only thing is that we are seated at large high tables, on quite high chairs. So there's lots of space on the table, but you feel a bit far away from the people across the table. I know this has been commented on in previous reviews, but the seats were very comfortable so I didn't mind.
Still dreaming about the food there....

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked dinner here based on trip advisor reviews. On our first night in Vienna, we were eating fairly close to Kulinarium so decided to walk past and check out the menu in the window. When we did, the menu only showed one of the set menus - seemed odd, but we assumed the actual menu would be more extensive.

When we arrived on the Saturday night, we were given menus - and I was pretty disappointed. The menu is quite limited - 3 or 5 course menu, or you can choose individual dishes - but there is only a choice of 3 dishes per course. And I was horrified to find that one of the main courses was "Lasagne". Picturing something akin to a ready meal, I said to my girlfriend that "I definitely wouldn't want Lasagne".

After we'd ordered, we were served an Amuse Bouche (a savoury mousse) and I began to reconsider. We then had our starters which were excellent - the beef carpaccio was cut so thin it practically smeared if you ran a fork over it. It had become clear that the food was far more than the menu promised - and I actually wished I had ordered the Lasagne, just to see what it was like! In fact, we asked the waitress for a description - and it is apparently fillet steak thinly sliced, layered with vegetables etc. and topped with gruyere cheese.

My main course (lamb) was gorgeous, and the dessert (which I really didn't have space for) was also top quality.

Extensive wine list as well.

I'm very surprised an earlier review commented that it was too expensive. I genuinely thought it was under priced - and said so to my g/f at the time. For the quality of food I would expect to (and have) paid more. It was an absolute bargain, and the food was far far better than the menu (and prices) promised.

Heartily recommended - it was a lovely meal, and excellent service.

2  Thank Dave964
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had the five course menu with matched wines. Excellent service, great food, simple flavours done well and not overworked, great value. Would be happy to go back.