“A breakfast in the company of cats”
Review of Das Augustin

Das Augustin
Ranked #221 of 5,155 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rudolfsheim
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

my traditional Sunday breakfast with Mum was this time at Das Augustin in Vienna’s 15th district. Super cosy and great service. Two cats curiously wandered the restaurant and greeted newly arrived guests, seeking the attention deserved, as the “Masters of da House”. The coffee au lait was a dream, my Istanbul breakfast plate fabulous and the atmosphere relaxed, just the way I love spending my Sunday morning. Will definitely enjoy more Sunday’s there.... any other weekday for that matter :-) the restaurant filled up very quickly, so I do suggest you book a table in advance. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (217)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Exploring Vienna I was looking for a bite on a Sunday night. Not the easiest thing on a Sunday, so I was thankful to find The Augustin just a short walk away. I liked that the menu is available online and I could check options beforehand. The café is super cute and quirky with two cats chilling on the couch/window sill. We were shown to the back where they have an outdoor area.
The menu is big enough for everyone to find something and features various vegetarian and vegan options. I could have eaten at least 3 different dishes but decided to go with the veganista wrap. It was delicious and the portion size was a good. I loved the dipping sauce. So yummy!
Tipp: If you are a big eater or are very hungry, have a starter ;)
Overall a pleasant experience. Friendly & attentive staff and reasonable priced.
Thank you!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019

Visited two days running for breakfast. Great variety to chose from. Lovely outside seating and attentive staff. Much better than usual hotel breakfast.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

I made a reservation for breakfast because it was close to our apartment. It completely exceeded my expectations. The staff was so friendly, there's a lovely backyard and the food was great. I will be back soon!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

We were looking for a place where we could find something different to eat and Das Augustin hit the spot. It's quirky but not pretentious or elitist like some kind of similar themed restaurants. Menu was a nice blend of veggies and meat based dishes. We had a nice starter followed by a sweet curry and a goats cheese salad finishing with a lovely cheesecake. Prices are competitive and nobody is rushing to get you out. Overall, well worth a visit.

Date of visit: July 2019