“Unique design”

Ranked #30 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
New York City, New York
“Unique design”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a very modern hotel with a unique design. Different parts of the windows move in different directions so that you can create your own personal view of the city. Service is exceptional. Food, service and view from the restaurant at the top floor are amazing.

Room Tip: Try to get a grey room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the design of your room as well as the Le LOFT Restaurant.
Your kind words have been transmitted to our Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation for them.
Alexander Moj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Fortaleza, CE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

O hotel é realmente uma atração em si. Muito bonito, bem localizado, com um lobby grande e bem decorado. O check in foi problemático, pois houve um erro na comunicação com o hotel que não me garantiu a cama extra. Algumas horas depois, me contactaram dizendo que poderiam ceder um colchão e acabei aceitando. Não foi ruim, principalmente porque não cobraram. Como somos do Club Accor, ganhamos cortesias para os drinks no badaladíssimo Le Loft, o bar no topo do prédio. Ao chegarmos lá para usufruirmos, fomos mal recepcionados e depois ignorados, mesmo após de nos identificarmos como hóspedes. Os quartos e o banheiro eram de bom tamanho, mas pobremente decorados. A vista, porém, era fantástica. O café Nespresso era cortesia, assim como os chás. Também ganhamos uma caixa de macarrons na véspera de ano novo. Passamos a virada do ano no quarto com uma fantástica vista dos fogos e o hotel nos providenciou taças e gelo para o champanhe. O café da manhã era bem variado, mas nada de excepcional, a não ser, novamente, pela vista. A Jacuzzi e a sauna eram pequenas e quando tentamos utilizá-la já estava lotado. O serviço de bar do lobby é péssimo e o Le K-Fé, um café expresso que também fica no lobby, nunca tinha nada para comer ou beber. O concierge foi bastante solícito e nos ajudou com ótimas dicas de restaurante e também a solucionar um problema com o transfer para Budapeste. A localização é boa, cerca de 10 minutos a pé para a catedral. O Sofitel possui uma ótima estrutura, mas um serviço deficiente e funcionários pouco simpáticos e acolhedores. Não me senti bem recebida e esse foi o principal problema.

...

The hotel is really an attraction in itself. Very beautiful, well located, with a large lobby and nicely decorated. The check in was problematic because there was an error communicating with the hotel and they didn´t assured me the extra bed. A few hours later, they contacted me saying that they could give a mattress and I accepted . It was not bad, mainly because it was not charged. We are part of Accor Club, and we got courtesies drinks at Le Loft , the bar at the top of the building. When we got there to enjoy those, we were not greeted and we were ignored even after we identify ourselves as guests. The rooms and bathroom had good size, but they were poorly furnished. The view, however, was fantastic. The Nespresso coffee was complimentary, as well as teas. We also got a box of macaroons on new year´s eve. We spent the New Year´s Eve in the room with a fantastic view of the fireworks and the hotel provided us with glasses and ice for champagne. The breakfast was quite varied, but nothing exceptional, excepct, again, by the view. The Jacuzzi and sauna were small and when we tried to use it was already packed. The lobby bar service was terrible and Le K - Fe, a coffee place that is also in the lobby, never had anything to eat or drink. The concierge was very attentive and helped us with great restaurant tips and also to solve a problem with the shuttle to Budapest. The location is good, about 10 minutes walk to the cathedral. The Sofitel has a great structure, but a poor and unfriendly staff friendly and an unwelcoming service. I did not feel welcomed and that was the main problem.

Room Tip: Luxury rooms
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during check in. I have spoken with our Reservation team and our Front Office Manager to bring out once more that communication is particularly important.
Your comments about our Ambassadors and their absence of friendliness have been transmitted to all Managers in charge in order to review the issue with the team.
I would like to apologize for this behavior and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

A modern, well located, high level Accor brand hotel in Vienna. I expected a lot more during our stay in Vienna, and was a bit disappointed. Modern room design does not work really for me - it functions perfectly only for the first 5 minutes you enter the room... once you start to use the room - it becomes less visible attractive and clean. My opinion is that designer was a bit too bold with the choice of white for interior design. Because rooms are hard to maintain, sometimes cleaning takes too long, so you can't expect your room to be available or ready to use until almost early afternoon. Staff is very polite - but not really helpful. Everything takes too long to explain and for staff to deliver. Breakfast is very nice but I have a feeling that what customer pays is more fantastic view on Vienna centre then the breakfast quality and variety...
Bottom line - visited, was OK, but will book another hotel in Vienna for my next stay there.

2 Thank Ondina_2011
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback.
I am very sorry to read that your stay wasn’t satisfactory and that we could not convince you neither with the service nor with the room’s design.
Your review has been forwarded to all Managers in charge.
I do hope to welcome you back soon in order to show you the actual high standard of quality and service.
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed in a luxury room- black design- on the 15th floor. The design of the room was sophisticated, yet it was a bit too modern to me.

The maintenance of the hotel entrance should be improved.
It doesn't give a good first impression.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I am sorry that the design by Jean Nouvel is not at your taste. Maybe one of our grey or white rooms would fit you better?
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It is in fact fabulous! I think it is a matter of taste, I enjoyed the very modern room very much but I also think that 2 nights was enough.
The room on the 15th floor was all in white with stunning views over the Prater area. It wasn’t too spacious but fully sufficient. The bathroom was amazing, I loved it. But I still believe that the best part of this hotel is its staff. They are super friendly and super competent, no matter what you ask for. Respect for that, not all Sofitel hotels have such amazing staff. Very nice fitness area and jacuzzi!
Be sure to book a room with breakfast, it is very classy, in the restaurant on the 18th floor overlooking the city. It tastes very good and the choice of food is also enormous (just maybe avoid the omlet as to me it tasted a bit artificially…). Nice bar on the 18th floor as well!
There are also tasty things from the room service, but I would have appreciated a bigger choice of desserts in the room service/bar menu.
I will definitely come back sooner or later.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will forward your pleasant words to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation for them to keep the high level of service.
Thank you for your ideas concerning the room service menu.
Lviv, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed overnight there and admired beautiful pictures from the rooms windows facing Stephandsdom. Very modern, clean, comfortable. The staff is helpful. Reservation was excellent. They offered us what we exactly needed. Breakfest was very nice. What was important - they parked our high VW-Multyvan with Thuele!

Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your pleasant words have been forwarded to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation for them.