“Amazing Service”

Ranked #30 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
San Luis Obispo, California
“Amazing Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, top floor bar wonderful with fantastic views of entire city. The best part of stay was the exceptional service. Paul, Thomas, and Dominic took care of us beyond anything I have ever experienced at Four Season or Ritz hotels.

Room Tip: Our room included breakfast. A MUST. Their breakfast was exceptional. A little tip we didn't...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your excellent comment has been forwarded to all Ambassadors and especially to Paul, Thomas and Dominic as this is the best motivation for them.
Alexander Moj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I staid at the Sofitel as part of a corporate event. Overall an OK experience, but not a place I would return to.

Positives:
1) Breakfast and bar: The breakfast room is located at the top floor, with an amazing view over view through floor-to-ceiling windows. Also, there is a ceiling painting (by artist Pipilotti Rist) that is illuminated at night when the breakfast room turns into a bar, creating a quite special ambience. Quality and choice at breakfast is good.
2) View: As the hotel is in a high-rise building, the rooms on the upper floors enjoy the same nice view over Vienna as the breakfast room.

Negatives:
1) Arrival experience: Sofitel requires each front desk employee to greet arriving guests in French ("Bonjour"). In my case, where both the front desk employee and myself are German speaking, and the hotel is in a German speaking country, that feels very artificial. I know, very small detail.
2) Design: The hotel has been designed by a well-known French architect. Rooms are stark white (white furniture, white bed linen, white floors, white walls), the hotel lobby and hallways are black. I do like contemporary design, but I feel this hotel tries a bit too hard. Some of the details feel cheap (e.g., the sliding door between the bedroom and the bathroom feels flimsy; the furniture feels like plastic). Some other details feel a bit "risqué", but not in a good way (such as the abundance of large mirrors next to the bed). I would expect that the design will age very fast.
3) Food: Breakfast was good, but the catering for our corporate event, which was provided by the hotel, was of rather low quality, I felt.
4) "Business Center": I was looking for a quiet place to work with my colleague. They do have a "business center" (with computers, printers etc.) but it's located in the mezannine above the lobby, with disco music playing 24-7.

So I might return to the bar to enjoy the view, but I would probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Guerteltier
Dear guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry that we could not satisfy your needs and that you did not like the design of the hotel. Your comment has been forwarded to all Ambassadors and Managers as we are always glad to receive feedback from our guests.
I hope to welcome you back at our Le LOFT Bar.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel is only some 10 mins away from city centre. Service is excellent. I used massage in their spa and was pleasantly surprised how professional was it. Sauna has excellent view and hole spa center area is designed for full relaxation. I would recommend this hotel for business and pleasure trips. As it provides this great spa for after hard working day, and is close to center and metro so tourists can easily get wherever.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us
Your kind words have been forwarded to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation for them to keep the high level of service.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

The most amazing views I've seen from a hotel room. The rooms were modern but comfortable - we didn't want to leave! Room came with an amazing breakfast. Short, easy walk to all the main sights. Would return to the hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for your positive comment.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I met up with my boyfriend in Vienna and we decided to stay in Sofitel. We are not a huge fan of antique or old hotels. So I was super happy with what we got. We stayed at a Superior Room and it was nicely furnished with minimalistic design. The reception was very nice when we were checking in. I also loved the people who cleaned the rooms during the day, because they organized the stuff that was lying around on the chair and on the bathroom counter very nicely. We also had the breakfast, which I mostly liked. I was impressed that the staff member remembered our coffee preferations : I ordered a cappucino and my boyfriend ordered a cafe latte the first day and on the second morning, he approached us with "cappucino for you, madam? and cafe latte for you, sir?" . However on the last day I ordered creppes from the hot breakfast menu and after 30 minutes I still hadn't received them, so I left a bit disappointed.

Overall it was excellent. I loved the bath in the room, there's a LUSH shop nearby on the main street in the old town, so we had a nice bath every evening. And the service was always very polite. It's pricey but it's good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive and detailed comment about the hotel.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the modern design created by Jean Nouvel.
I will forward all your comments to our Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation.
I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.