“Magnifique Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Rishon le Tsion
“Magnifique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and mysellf have been in Sofitel Vienna ,last week (for 6 nights).
We checked in at 9:00AM !! and we got a room.
We have been taked to our room (10 th floor)
When we opened the room door open ,we just made a big :Whowwwww"
What can I say about this hotel that has not been said: Starting by the"quiet luxury" of the interior design (lobby,room,restaurant ,fitness center) ,the amazing breakfeast,the service,the super friendly and professional staff,the location,the view from the roof restaurant.

We were happy to return to our room every day.

Thanks Sofitel !!!

Room Tip: Try to get the room having old city view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comment.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will forward your feedback to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation.
Alexander Moj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stopped in Vienna for one night on my way to Athens, from Prague. Being a fan of Sofitel hotels (I have enjoyed my stay in Munich, Berlin and London) and having heard great things about this one, I booked it right away. I had arranged for a driver to pick me up from the airport and, upon arrival at the hotel, I experienced a very warm and professional welcome. I was given a map with tips for a walk around town and for food. I asked for a place with a really good schnitzel and the concierge arranged for a reservation. All their recommendations were excellent, which was of great help since I did not have a lot of time in Vienna.
I stayed in room 1312 and the first thing that left me speechless upon entering the room was the view. A big glass wall offering a stunning view of Vienna, you are lying in bed and looking at the city, it is indescribable. The design of the room is slick and modern, comfortable layout, impressive bathroom, very comfortable bed, impeccably clean. I could not find one wrong thing.
The last thing I experienced before my departure was the breakfast up on the 18th floor. Regarding the food, a buffet with a large variety of high quality breakfast options. I am not a big fan of endless buffets, but the way that everything is offered here is pretty interesting and you never end up holding your plate and feeling disoriented. However, the food is a tiny part of the whole experience, there is glass around the 18th floor and the view is breathtaking. If my flight wasn't leaving, I would have probably stayed there for a couple of hours just marvelling at it.
I am definitely going back to Vienna and I look forward to spending some more time at the Sofitel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank leonkaran
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your very nice comment about your stay.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the friendliness of our Ambassadors.
I will immediately forward all positive words about the different services to the managers and Ambassadors in charge.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you back soon, for a longer stay as Vienna has a lot to offer culinary and sightseeing wise.
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are all white, black, or gray. It's very stark. The floors are even painted, and there's no carpeting. It's an interesting experience to have a totally open bathroom...without a door to the shower. The hotel's location is over a bridge from the center of the city, so it's a little out of the way. The restaurant on the top floor overlooks the entire city with a spectacular view!

Room Tip: Senior citizens may prefer to stay away since there are no safety bars in the bathroom and the uncar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for giving us some feedback.

All comments are very important to us in order to see how our guests feel in our hotel.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a great time in Sofitel vienna, we've been upgraded to Luxury king room, the receptionist called Arian was very helpful and professional. the breakfast was great in the 18th floor overlooking the whole city :)

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am happy to read that you had a great time at the Sofitel.

I will forward your nice words to our Ambassodors and especially to Arian, as this is the best motivation.

Kind regards,
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We've spent a very enjoyable weekend between the 11-14/10 in the sofitel stephandam.the building is a piece of art facing a great overall view on the city.The service in the front desk was very warm and proffesional.our jounior suite in white was extremly comfortable with a great design.
The location was even better than we thought when we booked the hotel,as It was our first time to visit the city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lustig_11
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comment on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable weekend here in Vienna and in our hotel.

Your positive words about our Ambassadors will be forwarded immediately, as this is the best motivation.

Kind regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have a deep, requited love for the Viennese Sofitel. Placed a couple hundred meters from Stephansplatz, it's perhaps the best hotel I have ever been to, always my reference point to assess any other stay. From beautifully appointed monochromatic rooms with breathtaking views of Vienna, through helpful staff delivering freshly baked pizza with porcini at 3am, to stylish bar with strong drinks, there's nothing I can really fault this Sofitel on. Staff is incredibly attentive and goes out of their way to make staying in Vienna a pleasure, without the air of expectation of a hefty tip. The rooms are excellent for couples, with the shower and the tub integrated seamlessly with the bedroom. Staying at this particular Sofitel feels a bit like staying in an eerily futuristic movie, an experience that I am always fond of recalling.

Room Tip: If you can afford, Luxury Room is the way to go. Outstanding.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
First I would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our modern Sofitel, designed by Jean Nouvel a star architect.

I will forward your nice words to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation for them to keep the high level of service.

Geneva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Design, location, service, cleanliness, food quality - amazing. And the view is incredible, take room on higher floor. This hotel is not just a good hotel, going there is probably an experience you will memorize for a lomg time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comment on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.