“Wonderful Italian food...in Vienna.”
Review of La Tavolozza

La Tavolozza
Ranked #454 of 4,193 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Josefstadt
N. C.
“Wonderful Italian food...in Vienna.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

While visiting Vienna, we happened on this restaurant just a couple of blocks from where we stayed. By this point we'd had enough of "tourist' food and were so delighted to find this place. Not only was the food wonderful, but the staff made us feel welcome and comfortable. We had such a great experience that we came back two more times, each just as enjoyable as the first. The staff really went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

• Visited January 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Texas, USA
“Good food at reasonable price”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Spouse had cream of celery soup with black truffles and Penne al prosciutto. She said all was good at reasonable price. I had wood oven baked Lasagna and mixed salad both good. Note you are charged for bread but no automatic tip charge so tip according the service you receive. All in was 34 Euros.

Leuven, Belgium
“A Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This restaurant has to be one of the best in Vienna. We were made to feel very welcome and were, upon request, seated in the non smoking section of the restaurant. The complementary bread with pesto was a delicious start of our meal. The wine list has a great selection as well by the bottle as by the glass. We had grilled salmon with salad, cooked to perfection and delicious saltimbocca. For dessert we had a tasting of sorbet of which the apricot flavored sorbet was outstanding. And we had the tiramisu, which is beyond words. Full of flavor and creamy. Cappuccino served just right and the grappa on the house made our evening even better. I can highly recommend and I will be back myself as soon as I can.

Visited August 2013
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Nice restaurant, although I missed some real Italian accents.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I don't what it is, but I think some reviews are overrated or I had the wrong course. I had saltimboca which was a little dry and soaked in fat from the prosciutto. Should be thin veal, covered with raw prosciutto (not baked) in my opinion and finished with white wine. I might be wrong?

Ambiance was quite nice and waiter was ok. Did not want to accept our company credit card. Make something good to offer a grappa, which was great. Not a bad Italian restaurant, but I miss the wow factor yet.

• Visited July 2013
Serpukhov, Russia
“Real Italy”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We found this place when come back via Josefstadt on our apartments by chance. And It was real surprise for me to discover a great dishes from such fresh Italian products! I mean that you believe that mozzarella di bufalo is supplied from somewhere from Roma and fish from Garda lake. This restaurant is not tourist as far from Innerstadt but it each time full by clients of local residents and people who know it. High recommended.

• Visited June 2012