“Nice restaurant, although I missed some real Italian accents.”
Review of La Tavolozza

La Tavolozza
Ranked #410 of 4,261 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Josefstadt
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Nice restaurant, although I missed some real Italian accents.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I don't what it is, but I think some reviews are overrated or I had the wrong course. I had saltimboca which was a little dry and soaked in fat from the prosciutto. Should be thin veal, covered with raw prosciutto (not baked) in my opinion and finished with white wine. I might be wrong?

Ambiance was quite nice and waiter was ok. Did not want to accept our company credit card. Make something good to offer a grappa, which was great. Not a bad Italian restaurant, but I miss the wow factor yet.

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Serpukhov, Russia
“Real Italy”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We found this place when come back via Josefstadt on our apartments by chance. And It was real surprise for me to discover a great dishes from such fresh Italian products! I mean that you believe that mozzarella di bufalo is supplied from somewhere from Roma and fish from Garda lake. This restaurant is not tourist as far from Innerstadt but it each time full by clients of local residents and people who know it. High recommended.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ezhi
Tatamy, Pennsylvania
“Nice restaurant in a nice neighborhood”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have only been to this restaurant once, in July 2011. I dined alone, just me, my camera, and my journal.

Even though this restaurant is really not that far from the tourist areas of Vienna, there seems to be very few tourists at this restaurant - just the way I like it.

The staff was very nice, very professional, and kept a good eye on my needs for the night. Never did I feel as if the other customers - undoubtedly mostly locals - were more important.

The food was very good. Everything seemed very fresh and well made. Being used to many fast-paced, high volume Italian restaurants and pizzerias in America, this was a very refreshing change of pace and quality.

I plan to return to Vienna one day soon, as it is my favorite city on earth. I will definitely return to this restaurant as well. I had a very good and pleasant dining experience there. Plus, I really love the neighborhood!!

Note: The web site here would not allow me to post a review unless I stated that I visited this restaurant no later than June 2012. But I was there the previous year, in July 2011.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank dwseiple
newbury
“First class Italian”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Made a last minute booking to visit this restaurant and was certainly not disappointed. Relaxed, warm and cozy atmosphere with attentive but not overbearing staff. Wide ranging menu including excellent pizzas and other dishes from the traditional oven. Appetiser and main dish was more than enough with generous portions. A very relaxing and enjoyable evening.

• Visited May 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
“One of the best Italian I've ever had”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

La Tavolozza in Vienna is not in a touristic place and mainly visited by locals around. However I had the chance to go to this restaurant with local friends and just loved it! The ambiance is really cozy and smooth; the food is amazing - even I didn't have that tasty food in Italy!-; the staff is simply amazing and friendly! They comfort you without any excess of behavior. The menu is pretty large but the staff is ready to give their recommendation. There is a real fire oven in the middle so you can have delicious pizza and oven dishes.
Thanks so much to my friends who introduced this place to me.. La Tavolozza will be one of my must-to-visits next time in Vienna!

• Visited December 2012