“Good food, inexpensive, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Reinthaler's Beisl

Reinthaler's Beisl
Ranked #95 of 4,106 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Original Wiener Kuche
San Diego, CA
“Good food, inexpensive, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Us and 11 of our friends (10 adults and 3 kids) made a reservation for dinner here and weren't disappointed. I get the feeling it's not the type of place that usually accommodates such a large group on a regular basis, but they were very welcoming and took good care of us. We sat next to some very friendly Austrians who told us it's their favorite place to eat in Vienna and no one minded when an hour and a half into the meal the kids started making the rounds to tables in the vicinity to say hello. Food was tasty, hearty and inexpensive, but nothing overly impressive. I'd definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My partner and I ate here on our first day in Vienna, we're big fans of German/ Austrian cuisine. I had the pork with sauerkraut and a dumpling and my partner had a liver dish. If you like Germanic food this is great, filling, warming, homely. I very much enjoyed my meal and my partner his, the service was great too, we sat outside on one occasion and inside on another. The deserts are also delicious, I recommend mohr im hemd.

• Visited September 2012
Crouch End
“only for afficionados of Viennese cuisine”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had one of the worst meals of my life here, consisting of a massive stodgy dumpling, a vast dollop of sauercrout, and two slices of salty hot boiled ham. (The dish I wanted was not available, and this was proposed as an alternative.) The service is brusque. But it is cheap.

• Visited November 2012
Danville, California
“Delicious, Fast, & A Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our family of 4 ate here several times since we were staying nearby. The menu consists of typical Austrian classics; we ate mostly bratwurst and schnitzel, which were both good, and only about 10-14 euros per plate. The ladies who served us were very nice. We sat outdoors, which was a good place for people watching, but not as busy as the square at the end of the street. One night I went there in hopes of getting take away, but I wasn't sure they would do it. Happily, it was no problem.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank waikikisun
Hamburg, Germany
“typical Austrian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have discovered this place just by chance, it 's next to Cafe Hawelka (which unfortunately was a disappointment to me). But Reinthaler's Beisl was a nice discovery. I do not liked the rustic appearance, wooden panels, therefore I hesitated first, but then I really liked it. We have dined here a couple of times during our stay in Wien in January. And also met a couple of famous people from Italy. The place is not full only with tourists. It looks crowded but you always find a place. The cuisine is typical Austrian. I am not a fan of potato, Kraut and meat etc but I was glad for my each choice, pan fried cheese, pan fried mushrooms, schnitzel, gulash, beer etc. Even the desserts were good. Big, delicious and freshly prepared dishes, not a gourmet restaurant, but it's ok. Because the circulation is really fast. We spoken German with the staff, they were friendly and quick. And it costs nothing. But it's not a romantic, calm place. I plan to go there again to feel the casual atmosphere with the locals again.

• Visited January 2012