“Great city.. Average tour, needs review”

Vienna Explorer Tours & Day Trips
Book In Advance
More Info
$127.68*
and up
Wachau Valley Small-Group Tour and Wine Tasting from Vienna
Ranked #1 of 30 Food & Drink in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Your specialist in Vienna for small group tours, private tours and bike rental. We have been operating in Vienna since 2010 and our goal is to show you Vienna and the Wachau Valley at its best. All our tours are disigned by travellers for travellers. We founded the first winery bike tour through the Wachau Valley and are proud to show you exclusive wineries and stunning historical sights. Our energetic international staff will meet all you expecties and needs.
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great city.. Average tour, needs review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

From all accounts this guided bike tour of Vienna rates highly, however I was dissapointed from the time of booking. Booked on line the morning of the tour (as weather was inclement) upon booking was advised that the tour was not conducted by Vienna Explorer, but Pedal Power. The group size was too large (23 people) with one guided who conducted the tour in German & English. The group should have been split into 2 based on language preference, with an additional guide provided. Further the tour makes a 20 minute coffee stop on route which was considered by many as unnecessary, suggest they shorten the tour by 30 minutes, with no stop. On a positive, bikes were of good quality and comfortable. Overall, disappinted with the experience.

Visited August 2011

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Poor quality walking tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I thought the walking tour was in a word-useless. The guide left out massive parts of interesting history (barely touching on WWII), got dates & facts wrong and most of all showed absolutely no enthusiasm.

I spoke with a number of others on the tour and we were all mostly bored by him. I received other tours as I was travelling through Europe and the difference was incredible.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank redking50
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“the most amazing day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I love wine. So this tour came to my attention very quickly. I wanted to do a day tour and this is by far one of the highlights of my trip. It is just so nice to skip the city bustle for a day and get out into the fresh country air. The scenery was so amazing.
Our tour leader 'Josh' was amazing and knew his stuff about wine!
The bike riding wasnt too strenuous and was a nice way to break up the trips between the wineries.
The wines we tried were delicious.
Lunch at the wine tavern was amazing. I cant think of a better way to dine then over wine, cheese, bread and meats, accompanied by different types of wine.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Mikisito
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Grape Grazing Winery Tour - Experience of a life time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Before reaching Vienna I read the reviews of Vienna Explorer on Tripadvisor and what I came across was every person been with these guys was raving about the Grape Grazing Winery Tour. So thought why not plan a surprise during our honeymoon....However I was faced with a challenge - my wife does not know how to ride a bicycle. And thats when I got in touch with these guys requesting them to arrange for a tandem bicycle. To my surprise and delight, the Vienna Explorer guys arranged for it, just a day before our tour.

Once with them, the day trip was exhilerating to say the least. Their tour guides were very warm, friendly, passionate about their work and extremely knowledgeable. We went to 5-6 different wineyards and tasted wines ranging from spicy to strong & white to red, and each wine had its own legacy / story to tell. The day trip had beautiful sights to be captured of the Danube Valley and also a special visit to the Chocolate factory.

All in all I'll say these guys know their business very well and they are damn gud at it.

Ur trip in Vienna, would be incomplete without this tour. Truly an experience of a lifetime!!!

Visited April 2011
3 Thank Amit1978_11
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Walking Tour - perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

My family and I took the walking tour with Andrea. PERFECT!

Visited July 2011