“Most Delicious Chinese in The Area ”

Aming Dim Sum Profi
Ranked #1,690 of 4,995 Restaurants in Vienna
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Margareten
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

In an area with so many Asian restaurants, Dim Sum Profi really stands out as not only having exceptional dim sum but also delicious Chinese food in general. The prices are extremely reasonable and the staff is kind and well versed in English. This place is quickly becoming a "regular."

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

This from the outside rather unspectacular, small and simple kind of a Chinese restaurant literally took me by suprice by its prestine and delicious dim sum. I would not have noticed it before , it's from those chinese you would usually pass by, however, I should admit it's now on my top list for tasty dining options around.
Since the place is really small it gives you a cosy and relaxed feeling, but what I really liked most was that there was no music to distract and annoy me, I could peacefully enjoy my stay and consentrate on my dinner. Great option to eat out and have a chat with a friend if you want to be away from bustling and noisy crowds.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 17, 2017

We happened upon this place by accident on our arrival to Vienna and we are really pleased we did. Authentic Chinese food with a mix selection of both dim sum, Sichuan and more western dishes. Don't expect a Michelin star restaurant but the food is tasty and excellent value. We ordered a mixture of dishes including dim sum, noddles and a Sichuan meat dish with rice on the side. The noodles came hot and fresh out of the wok with dim sum on the side. We gobbled up the first dishes but there was more to come with a generous bowl of rice (we only ordered one!) plus a huge bowl full of spicy beef with fresh vegetables and yummy sauce. The meal including a few beers and a pot of tea came to around 25-30 Euros. Amazing value!

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Anonymous_v_1
Reviewed November 23, 2016

Aming was a rather informal place, not a very posh "proper dining" place, in fact, the front of the restaurant even had lots of stacks of takeaway boxes there. Pardon me for saying that it's a bit tacky, it's a relaxed easy-going place.

My favourite dish was the beancurd (tofu) with egg of a thousand years (or black egg). I thought it was gorgeous. I've had lots of really negative experiences with tofu all across Western Europe but Aming was an encouraging place that served me the right tofu, with the nice herbs and sauce applied to that - what I was hoping for. My Hungarian friend was very vey apprehensive, he tried this dish for the first time and even he had a positive experience. The duck dish that he ordered, I tasted that and the duck was very delicious, I wondered if the duck had Hungarian/ Polish/ Austrian/ Slovak origins, it got me thinking about the life that the duck has had, it was delicious even though I felt quite disappointed that my Hungarian friend did not really know how to order Chinese food. I was pleased that the chicken with glutinous rice wrapped in lotus leaf had an authentic Chinese taste and the various ingredients - chopped sausages, Chinese mushrooms, etc. were used well. I ordered lots of dim sum dishes that were good to varying extents- steamed prawn dim sum, white radish dim sum in pastry. Not as great as dim sum in Southern China, but at this place they have worked with their challenges in Vienna and I think they've done good work. I ordered deep-fried squid as I had quite missed squid. I knew it was quite unhealthy but I indulged. The Chinese tagliatelle stir-fry was a bit too soggy, this is a little criticism - I think it had a bit too much moisture/ water content to it, but I don't know if another customer would agree with me there, who knows maybe they'll tell you it was absolutely perfect! Nevertheless it did have an authentic Chinese taste so I think this place accomplished good work and I felt pleased with my visit. As I paid my bill, I included a tip, I felt pleased that I wasn't charged a lot of money, after I ate so much Chinese food!

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank Norfolk-55555
Reviewed September 14, 2016

Had a dish I usually ordered elsewhere. But the way it is cooked here is just deep fried and very oily.

Date of visit: August 2016