“Great place to stay. Very friendly and trusting owner.”

Angel's Place Vienna
Ranked #79 of 116 Vienna B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was with my husband, 2 sisters and father when we checked into Angel's Place. My husband and I shared our street level room with my 2 sisters while my father got a room at the basement. Our room can accommodate 4 people, it was big and spacious. There was a king size bed in the main room while the smaller room had 2 single beds. There was a modern bathroom beside the kitchenette. We were very pleased with our room. It was clean and seemed fairly new. There was wifi in our room.

Angel, the owner, was very friendly and helpful. He was very hands on and did everything himself. He was the one that checked us in and prepared our welcome coffee and snacks upon arrival. He was very trusting. We had an early flight the next morning and he told us to just leave our keys at the front desk and to lock the front door when we leave. Other inn/B&B owners might have made sure to check our rooms before letting us check out.

Place is within walking distance to the subway. There's a great Italian resto nearby.

I highly recommend Angel's Place. I would stay here again if ever I go back to Vienna. You could tell that Angel values his guests and puts his heart and soul into his B&B.

Room Tip: Get the street level room (which can fit 4 people) beside the reception area unless you don't mi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Ysabel

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I visited Vienna as a solo traveller to take in the cultural sites for a couple of days and wanted to stay somewhere that was comfortable, affordable and welcoming - and Angel's Place certainly delivered.
I arrived fairly late (around 10pm) which posed no problem at all and I was greeted with a very friendly and warm welcome, and was instantly made a cup of tea!
The accommodation is of very good quality, all the fixtures and fittings are pristine, and the whole place is immaculate, I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere that was so clean!
As in previous reviews I did find that the wifi does not work in the basement rooms and there is some noise from neighbouring rooms - but I find this is the case in almost every hotel/B&B I have stayed in, so cannot complain about this, and during the night-time it was extremely quiet, I had no problems in getting to sleep.
All in all I would definitely recommend Angel's place, and will be returning, as long as you don't mind staying 10 minutes from the centre of Vienna it is a fantastic place to stay and unbelievable value for money. I shall definitely return on my next trip to Vienna!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Jennevivian
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Travelled as a couple and stayed in the double en-suite cellar room for my girlfriend's birthday. We were not dissappointed! The host is extremely friendly, and even though we arrived at 6pm took time to show us where we were, what to visit, and where we could get food.

Coffee and hot drinks are available for free throughout the day which was greatly appreciated.

Room and bathroom were very clean with no issues encountered. Very spacious, and lots of nice touches that were not expected such as chocolates on the pillows.

Had a good nights sleep - the only thing that woke us up was the gritter getting rid of the snow, but we can't complain about that!

Owner very friendly, we would go back just for him!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tiger_bob85
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Angel's. Angel was very friendly and helpful, giving us useful information about Vienna. The location was excellent, near to the tube and the city centre. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CBogaru
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We sought a hotel that would accommodate a family of 4 without having to rent two rooms and found the small apartment at Angel's place. The apartment style room is at street level and contained a large room with a king bed and table/chairs, a smaller room with two twins, a kitchenette with an awesome microwave/combo broiler thing (I want one for my kitchen), and a shower/bath.

Angel's Place is a 6 minute walk to a major Underground station and then only 7-10 minutes to downtown. We thought it was a super convenient location.

Angel is very accommodating spent time with me our first morning to show me a map, help me navigate the sites we wanted to see etc...

The apartment was spotlessly clean, the sheets were high quality and we were overall very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: If you have more than two travelers and/or don't want the wine cellar rooms, the apartment is a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank teddyf
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed for three nights and can absolutely recommend this cozy B&B. The rooms are modern and spotlessly clean and the old cellar walls give them a very nice touch. The location is conveniently close to the tube as well as the Schönbrunn palace. Angel is an excellent host and his breakfast is delicious. This is a small, private place, which is excellent value for money and a great alternative to other impersonal hotels in Vienna.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DK98
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here in December 2011. The proprietor was very accomodating, giving us a key to come and go as we pleased, and was also very friendly and gave us useful advice to get around Vienna as tourists. It is a small, quite private place with old cellars converted into 3 rooms. Ours was spacious and tastefully decorated, perfect for a couple on a stay of 3 days.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple