“Fantastic place to stay in Vienna”

Angel's Place Vienna
Ranked #54 of 110 Vienna B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay in Vienna”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I visited Vienna as a solo traveller to take in the cultural sites for a couple of days and wanted to stay somewhere that was comfortable, affordable and welcoming - and Angel's Place certainly delivered.
I arrived fairly late (around 10pm) which posed no problem at all and I was greeted with a very friendly and warm welcome, and was instantly made a cup of tea!
The accommodation is of very good quality, all the fixtures and fittings are pristine, and the whole place is immaculate, I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere that was so clean!
As in previous reviews I did find that the wifi does not work in the basement rooms and there is some noise from neighbouring rooms - but I find this is the case in almost every hotel/B&B I have stayed in, so cannot complain about this, and during the night-time it was extremely quiet, I had no problems in getting to sleep.
All in all I would definitely recommend Angel's place, and will be returning, as long as you don't mind staying 10 minutes from the centre of Vienna it is a fantastic place to stay and unbelievable value for money. I shall definitely return on my next trip to Vienna!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Jennevivian

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Travelled as a couple and stayed in the double en-suite cellar room for my girlfriend's birthday. We were not dissappointed! The host is extremely friendly, and even though we arrived at 6pm took time to show us where we were, what to visit, and where we could get food.

Coffee and hot drinks are available for free throughout the day which was greatly appreciated.

Room and bathroom were very clean with no issues encountered. Very spacious, and lots of nice touches that were not expected such as chocolates on the pillows.

Had a good nights sleep - the only thing that woke us up was the gritter getting rid of the snow, but we can't complain about that!

Owner very friendly, we would go back just for him!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tiger_bob85
London
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Angel's. Angel was very friendly and helpful, giving us useful information about Vienna. The location was excellent, near to the tube and the city centre. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CBogaru
minneapolis
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We sought a hotel that would accommodate a family of 4 without having to rent two rooms and found the small apartment at Angel's place. The apartment style room is at street level and contained a large room with a king bed and table/chairs, a smaller room with two twins, a kitchenette with an awesome microwave/combo broiler thing (I want one for my kitchen), and a shower/bath.

Angel's Place is a 6 minute walk to a major Underground station and then only 7-10 minutes to downtown. We thought it was a super convenient location.

Angel is very accommodating spent time with me our first morning to show me a map, help me navigate the sites we wanted to see etc...

The apartment was spotlessly clean, the sheets were high quality and we were overall very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: If you have more than two travelers and/or don't want the wine cellar rooms, the apartment is a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank teddyf
Cirencester, England
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed for three nights and can absolutely recommend this cozy B&B. The rooms are modern and spotlessly clean and the old cellar walls give them a very nice touch. The location is conveniently close to the tube as well as the Schönbrunn palace. Angel is an excellent host and his breakfast is delicious. This is a small, private place, which is excellent value for money and a great alternative to other impersonal hotels in Vienna.

2 Thank DK98
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here in December 2011. The proprietor was very accomodating, giving us a key to come and go as we pleased, and was also very friendly and gave us useful advice to get around Vienna as tourists. It is a small, quite private place with old cellars converted into 3 rooms. Ours was spacious and tastefully decorated, perfect for a couple on a stay of 3 days.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Very cute spot. The property is built on old wine cellars. It´s been modernized and is comfy yet retains its character.

Location - about a 15 min bus ride from city center. The metro is also a few blocks away. Walking distance to the Schonburg Palace (Sisi´s summer palace) and the zoo.

Food - quite a few restaurants around the neighborhood. The two Italian food restaurants are awesome!

Host - Angel is great! Your own free Vienna specialist. :)

Price-Value - great, especially considering Vienna prices.

It doesn´t quite make 5 stars because of the bad wifi reception in the rooms and the noise at night (I´m a light sleeper, and I could hear footsteps from upstairs neighbor).

2 Thank Jenny L