“Simply perfect!”
Review of Pension VITIS

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vienna
Pension VITIS
Ranked #8 of 115 Vienna B&B and Inns
Innsbruck, Austria
“Simply perfect!”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We had a wonderful time at Pension Vitis, I highly recommend it both for short and long stays! Simply great!!!
The owner is incredibly nice, breakfast is served in the room at the preferred hour, rooms are super-clean, quiet, furniture is new!
5 min walking distance to Burggasse metro station, 15min to the center!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Betta81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My husband and I recently returned from a honeymoon in Europe. I did a lot of research beforehand, because I wanted a nice place to stay without spending soooooo much money. I ended up choosing Pension Vitis due to good reviews on Trip Advisor, and I am so glad I did. Karl was incredibly helpful before and during our stay. Soon after we booked the room I emailed him with a question about buying train tickets to Florence, and Karl promptly responded not only answering my question but providing a full list of available ticket options, prices, differences in accommodations, and how to buy the tickets. He called the train company for us! I was impressed with this service and looking forward to our stay.

Pension Vitis located west of what I would consider "central Vienna", but it is not far at all. Karl explains how to use the bus (#48A, maybe two blocks away from your door) to get into the city from the apartment; the bus trip is just a few minutes so it's very convenient. There is also a metro stop a little further from the bus stop, and that could take you into the city as well. Our stay at Pension Vitis included a 3-day transportation pass, so this is useful for you during your time in Vienna.

The apartment is located up a flight of stairs from the street, and very safe. Karl lives across the hall, so he or his wife can help you if you need anything. The apartment is immaculately clean, with hardwood floors, a comfortable double bed, a couch, television (lots of channels but mostly German of course), a table and chairs, a shower and separate toilet, a small kitchen, and a cash mini-bar. Plus, electric shutters - so can always make the room completely dark if you'd like to sleep in. In the hallway outside of your room is a desktop computer with internet (shared by the two apartments) and many brochures for you to take to explore Vienna's sights.

Upon request, Karl brought us a Viennese breakfast (meat, cheese, rolls, coffee, tea) on "the little cart" every morning at a time we specified. ALWAYS right on time. He also drove us to and from the train stations, which was a big help as well. He cleans the room while you are out for the day, changing out the towels and things like that.

It's really a lovely place to stay, and we would definitely return to Pension Vitis. Visit Vienna - it's a great city for couples, families, and children. Stay with Karl!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Katerbug411
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Karl picked me up at Westbahnhoff Station for the 8 euro fee which I recommend. Had breakfast daily for 4 euros I think at Vitis, coffee, meat, cheese, jam and bread, the usual light breakfast, but very good quality. Room is VERY clean, sat. TV, fridge and small kitchen. It is 4 blocks to the U-bahn subway, 8 minutes walk. Left one block, right one block, left 2 blocks past Lugner City(shopping center) and you are there at Burggasse Stadthalle station http://viennaunderground.eu/ . Take the Siebenhirten subway to Westbahnhoff, switch to line U3 Simmering and get off at Stephenplatz. 12-15 minutes tops. Karl has 2 or 3 day passes for you to buy for the transit system or there is a machine at the Burggasse station as you walk in. Bottles of wine available/mini bar. Go in Lugner City, go downstairs, and there is a great supermearket to buy beer, anything you need. PC right outside the door for internet access and has wireless. Nice garden patio to use if you like. He gave me a lot of help telling me how to get around and what to do and see. Very nice host. I will see him again next time I visit Vienna. You should see him too. Mark B.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank SingleTraveller100
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I've stayed in various B&Bs in Europe in the summer and pension Vitis was actually the best one! I have to thank, Karl, the owner for making our stay in Vienna a memmorable one. The quality of this place is really far above standards. You do not have to worry about anything because Karl would be there to help you with whatever you need. So look no further, choose pension vitis. I will definitely stay here again and will tell all the people I know to do the same when they visit Vienna.

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank Natouille3
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Grüß Gott,
My wife and I were lucky to find this small pension for our 6-day visit to Vienna and surroundings. The owner, Herr Karl Grestl was kind enough to pick us up from the airport and drop us off at the end of our stay for a small fee. The room was spotless and had a small kitchenette. Very convenient. The location was away from the center bustle but only a few stops away by bus or subways. We chose to add the breakfast, served in the room and we were glad we did. Well worth the 4 Euros each. The owner/manager was very friendly, helpful and gracious. Everything was extremely efficient and the service accommodating. We would highly recommend this pension. Since it only has two rooms, make sure to book early. Cheers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bidawi
Edinburgh
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Like the previous reviewer, we found Pension VITIS to be great value and of an excellent standard. We travelled to Vienna with our children (ages 8 and 6) and were very pleased with this appartment. As well as a large, very clean room (with chocolates on the beds waiting for us when we arrived - a very nice touch!), there is also a terrace for sitting out on when the weather is kind. The location is very quiet, and thanks to some excellent window shutters, we enjoyed some good sleeps. The owner ensures bins are emptied and stocks of tea, coffee and honey replenished when you are out. He was most accommodating and helpful and always quick to respond to questions over email. Vienna is a wonderful place to take children!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Ferginkii
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We stayed for 12 nights at Pension Vitis, of which we found out from some friends. We were very happy with our stay, and even more than expected: the appartment is very clean and large, very sunny and quiet, and very well equipped: both the kitchnette (which had caseroles and dishes, cutlery etc, free good coffee) and the bathroom were OK, free Internet worked very well.
Another good point is that it is both very close to a shopping center (with supermarket and lots of shops) and very easy to get anywhere (both a bustop linking it to the city center and the U-bahn are at less that 5-minutes walking distance).
And the owner is a very kind person, which never made his presence felt but always solved everything well and quietly!
We will definitely go back to Vitis, and highly recommend it to others!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple