“Reasonably priced accommodation in Vienna”
Review of Pension VITIS

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vienna
Pension VITIS
Ranked #8 of 116 Vienna B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in this very reasonably priced accommodation in Vienna. We caught a bus most days to the city centre but this was a frequent service.

Karl was very informative and picked us up from the station (which was very convenient as it may have been difficult to find otherwise).

Room is a good size and there is a small kitchenette as well.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SamBP

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I write that Karl is a host, because he makes you feel like a guest.

It was a great great stay at Pension Vitis for me and my wife.
However, as is my habit, I will divide my review into the positives and the negatives

The Positives
- The owner Karl is a fantabulous guy. You can email him queries about the stay and the city and he will, in all probability, guide you even though you are not the confirmed customer for him. speaks volumes about the kinda guy he must be.

- The Pension gives you the option of an airport pickup - it becomes important for people like us if its the starting point of the trip bec we dont travel very light.

- Great spotlessly clean rooms, very clean bathrooms (which is of utmost importance to us), a computer in the hallway which helps a lot, a small kichenette in the room, a not-too-noisy neighbourhood.

- Has got a air-conditioner as well - Vienna was very hot when we went Aug-2012.

- Decent connectivity to the Vienna Centre... the main tourist spots are max 15-20 mins away, and with the Vienna card, the transport costs are restricted to the 10Euro fig. There is a 48A within 2 mins of Pension, which takes you right to the city centre in 10-15 mins flat.

Disappointments
- I am hard-pressed for this, but if I have to, I would say that if you plan to stay for more than 4 days in Vienna, then maybe the same breakfast might get a bit boring, Its effective, with the cheeses, and fruits and coffee, but maybe some variety would be good for someone who stays longer.

I must end my review with a word about the owner - we chose the hotel because we were very very impressed with the kind of help Karl provided even though we had not done the bookings. And we were mightily satisfied with the room, the facilities, and the way the owner of the house treats his guests.

Great stay, fantastic rooms - would recommend anyone to stay at the Pension Vitis.

Room Tip: both the apartments are good - book in advance to avoid disappointment of unavailability.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Niraj_Shah
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had a fantastic holiday with my family. Is a good b&b. The breakfast is excellent, the staff is professional. The location is central. Suitable for families with children. The photos and description match reality. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Emiliano G
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was one of our last BnB's on our trip, but it was one of the best too. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was great, served in our room the one day and out on the balcony on the second day. Karl and his wife arranged our pick up and drop off from the train station, and we are so glad we did! Highly recommend ths if you are staying in Vienna.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Di V
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I want to highly recommend the Pension VITIS managed by Mr Karl. My wife and I visited the Pension last week. There are few cases in which you arrive by a recommendation and you discover your surprise that the place is beyond the expectations that were high in first place.
Karl was picked us from the train station to the pension that was 10 min ride from westbhf station.
The room is large and has a dining table, sofa, small and equipped Kitchenette, the bathroom and toilet are separate and very comfort. Outside the room there is small hall with all information you need about Vienna include PC & free internet connection or wi-fi. All tastefully decorated with attention to comfort (even the chocolate on the pillow was tasty). The location is few stations from city center, near the pension you can find supermarket and shopping mall. Karl was very kind and gave us some recommendation about the city. The 48 hour transportation tkt that we received as part of the pension package was very profitable. The weather was good so we had every morning our breakfast in the green trace next to the room (great way to start the day). If to summarize: we would high recommend Pension VITIS and we will come back for longer next time. Tomer & Einat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tomer P
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here with a friend for 4 nights and we enjoyed it quite a bit. Karl, the owner, is a nice man and a bit of a character. The rooms are spacious and have a little kitchen area besides a bathroom and WC. The breakfasts are very good and the coffee is provided in the rooms -- excellent. The only thing you should realize is that you do need to take a bus and / or subway to get to the heart of the city. However, I enjoyed seeing how the Viennese live and was delighted to realize that we were walking distance from the Turkish neighborhood as well as the Iranian restaurant Pars.

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms and they are identical as far as I could tell.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Peregringo
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a very pleasant 2-night stay in Pension Vitis. Karl was most helpful in every respect, from promptly replying our e-mail requests, to picking-up at the bus depot, good breakfast, good local restaurants for supper, directions and highlights to various museums and palaces. Our room was modern, spacious and kept clean every day. It also came with a kitchenette. It is conviniently located, easy and short bus ride to various sightseeing attractions. Yes, we will return to Pension Vitis and stay longer next time. Yes, Vienna coffee is a must!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends