“Comfortable and homely. Enjoyed our stay”
Review of Pension VITIS

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vienna
Pension VITIS
Ranked #7 of 118 Vienna B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2011

One can tell that Karl puts in much effort to maintain his B&B - the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable and well equipped. free tea and coffee and internet access are lovely touches.

We had breakfast at the terrace instead of in the room and that was a nice touch

But, do bear in mind when staying here that it's at least a 10 min walk to the metro. there's a bus stop which is nearer. it is located in a residential part, so it's quiet and there's not much to see/do. even though there's a mall located nearby with restaurants, it offers limited choices.

that aside, once we got used to getting around with the public transport, it was a breeze.

i'd recommend it for its good value and pleasant rooms and an excellent host.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank longweiz

Reviewed March 18, 2011

The pension VITIS is a very nice place. Karl, the owner, has definitely made his pension a welcoming and functional spot to stay in Vienna. He is a great host and picked us up at the train station and dropped us off at the train station for a small fee. Nice feature especially if you have cumbersome luggage or if you are unsure of where to go. The room is fitted with everything you would need. The room is actually more like a studio apartment. Breakfast is served at the small dining table in your room at any time you wish. It is a selection of bread, jams, meat, cheese, and coffee and/or tea. Nothing too heavy, but a good start to the day. The little kitchenette is a great feature and there is a mini bar and wine selection as well. The room also has privacy shutters for the outside windows. There are plenty of tourist brochures and a computer for use in the hallway. There is a bus stop for the 48/A bus that runs to the town center only a block away-very easy and highly recommend as the pension is located about 16-18 blocks from the outer ring of the main sites. There is also the U6 stop at Burgasse only about 5 min walk that can get you to Schonbrunn, train stations, or other sites outside the center. You can buy a Vienna transit card from Karl. There are some local restaurants/cafes/bars in the area if you don't want to venture into the main part of town.
The only problem some people might have is the location- it is located in an outer district (on the border of district 15 and 16) - this a residential part of Vienna-not the main center or tourist ring. This should not deter you from staying here-just be aware you will need to use public transport or taxi if you don't have a car or it can be a rather long walk from the center of the action. Karl runs a great place and I would recommend staying with him and VITIS the cat at their nice pension.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cubuff1453
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Pension VITIS in mid-December. The pension is a 5-10 minute walk from the Burgasse-Stadthalle Station (U6 line) and easy to find. The 'room' was more of an apartment and was huge. There was a little kitchen and fridge with inexpensive choices in the mini-bar, and free coffee/tea. There are electronic shutters on the windows to block any street noise, but the neighborhood was quiet during our stay. Karl's wife showed me how to use the washing machine and dryer which was a great help in the middle of our 16 day trip. Karl was very helpful giving us directions for the best bus to take and where to go. There is free internet for guests to use as well. Bus 48A stops a block away (Gablenzgasse heading towards the Ringstrasse, and Koppstraße returning to VITIS) and only took 10-15 minutes. The bus drops you next to Parliament and is very convenient. Karl will sell you multi-day passes which are a better deal if you'll be taking transit (also good for the trams & U). I really enjoyed staying here because I felt like a temporary local in our little apartment.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicopier
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We had a wonderful time at Pension Vitis, I highly recommend it both for short and long stays! Simply great!!!
The owner is incredibly nice, breakfast is served in the room at the preferred hour, rooms are super-clean, quiet, furniture is new!
5 min walking distance to Burggasse metro station, 15min to the center!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Betta81
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My husband and I recently returned from a honeymoon in Europe. I did a lot of research beforehand, because I wanted a nice place to stay without spending soooooo much money. I ended up choosing Pension Vitis due to good reviews on Trip Advisor, and I am so glad I did. Karl was incredibly helpful before and during our stay. Soon after we booked the room I emailed him with a question about buying train tickets to Florence, and Karl promptly responded not only answering my question but providing a full list of available ticket options, prices, differences in accommodations, and how to buy the tickets. He called the train company for us! I was impressed with this service and looking forward to our stay.

Pension Vitis located west of what I would consider "central Vienna", but it is not far at all. Karl explains how to use the bus (#48A, maybe two blocks away from your door) to get into the city from the apartment; the bus trip is just a few minutes so it's very convenient. There is also a metro stop a little further from the bus stop, and that could take you into the city as well. Our stay at Pension Vitis included a 3-day transportation pass, so this is useful for you during your time in Vienna.

The apartment is located up a flight of stairs from the street, and very safe. Karl lives across the hall, so he or his wife can help you if you need anything. The apartment is immaculately clean, with hardwood floors, a comfortable double bed, a couch, television (lots of channels but mostly German of course), a table and chairs, a shower and separate toilet, a small kitchen, and a cash mini-bar. Plus, electric shutters - so can always make the room completely dark if you'd like to sleep in. In the hallway outside of your room is a desktop computer with internet (shared by the two apartments) and many brochures for you to take to explore Vienna's sights.

Upon request, Karl brought us a Viennese breakfast (meat, cheese, rolls, coffee, tea) on "the little cart" every morning at a time we specified. ALWAYS right on time. He also drove us to and from the train stations, which was a big help as well. He cleans the room while you are out for the day, changing out the towels and things like that.

It's really a lovely place to stay, and we would definitely return to Pension Vitis. Visit Vienna - it's a great city for couples, families, and children. Stay with Karl!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Katerbug411
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Karl picked me up at Westbahnhoff Station for the 8 euro fee which I recommend. Had breakfast daily for 4 euros I think at Vitis, coffee, meat, cheese, jam and bread, the usual light breakfast, but very good quality. Room is VERY clean, sat. TV, fridge and small kitchen. It is 4 blocks to the U-bahn subway, 8 minutes walk. Left one block, right one block, left 2 blocks past Lugner City(shopping center) and you are there at Burggasse Stadthalle station http://viennaunderground.eu/ . Take the Siebenhirten subway to Westbahnhoff, switch to line U3 Simmering and get off at Stephenplatz. 12-15 minutes tops. Karl has 2 or 3 day passes for you to buy for the transit system or there is a machine at the Burggasse station as you walk in. Bottles of wine available/mini bar. Go in Lugner City, go downstairs, and there is a great supermearket to buy beer, anything you need. PC right outside the door for internet access and has wireless. Nice garden patio to use if you like. He gave me a lot of help telling me how to get around and what to do and see. Very nice host. I will see him again next time I visit Vienna. You should see him too. Mark B.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank SingleTraveller100
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I've stayed in various B&Bs in Europe in the summer and pension Vitis was actually the best one! I have to thank, Karl, the owner for making our stay in Vienna a memmorable one. The quality of this place is really far above standards. You do not have to worry about anything because Karl would be there to help you with whatever you need. So look no further, choose pension vitis. I will definitely stay here again and will tell all the people I know to do the same when they visit Vienna.

• Stayed: August 2010