“Cute authentic and fabulous”

Gasthaus Zu den 3 Hacken
Ranked #249 of 4,580 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We happened upon this place our first day in Vienna. The young gentleman who waited on us was friendly and speedy. The food was wonderful. Different bread basket which was a nice change of pace. The beer was good and complimented the food nicely. We had the lunch special which was the brat, sauerkraut, and a dessert and the third person with us had Weinerschnitzel. Everyone enjoyed the food and did not leave hungry. I would go back here for another meal and recommend it. For Austria the price was moderate. Just to give a price reference to the US- all things cost more in Europe due to the exchange rate. Therefore moderate is a decent for the area but some may think the prices high-moderate in comparison to US dollars.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

An amazing meal here. Too me it is a little bit of Vienna. Fantastic wine list. Virtually every producer in Austria is represented. I have had the Goulash a number of time with the fried egg on top as well as the schnitzel. I prefer their rendition of it to others in Vienna. The atmosphere can feel a bit sparten on your first glance but I love it. They take email reservation so book well in advance so as not to miss out.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Zu Den Drei Hacken. This is a traditional Viennese restaurant in the heart of the city centre. The decor is simple, nothing fancy, nothing twee. The focus is very much on the quality of the food and the professionalism of the customer service.

Our party of 7 all enjoyed our food. Each course was generous in size, tasty and well presented. There was a good selection of special dishes of the day, and my carp was delicious.

The service was faultless. The two young waiters were charming, while the maitre de was very helpful in explaining the different dishes. English menus were available.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a meal with friends, family or business. I think it would also be perfect for a romantic night out.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great atmosphere, very good food, good size servings, nice helpful waiters. This was definitely the best lunch I ate in Vienna.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just what you should expect from an old style Viennese restaurant. That doesn't mean run-down, of course. It means the original charm of the restaurant has been maintained while everything has been kept new and in good condition. We ate there twice - the food was excellent and very good value, especially as it is right in the city centre.