“Mexican goodness”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Josefstadt
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Definitely a Mexican restuarant as opposed to Tex-Mex. The food here was very tasty.

To be honest I am not sure what I ordered, but it was a delicious mix of chicken and cheese, seasoned with a nice flavour and wrapped in a flour tortilla. It came with a side salad.

Portions were on the small side though, perhaps it was going for the tapas angle and we never copped? We would go back if back in Vienna, but would order more food. As it turned out the small dishes were the perfect size that evening and we didn't need to order more.

Their Caipirinha cocktail was a bit on the sweet side.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great mexican place across the street from a great hotel. Authentic, delicious, and a welcome break from the sausage and potato cuisine of Austria.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We searched for Mexican places in Vienna and found the great reviews for Taqueria los Mexikas and immediately headed out. We were not disappointed!! We desperately needed a break after German/Czech/Austrian cuisine. It is not a cheap meal, but very much worth it. Get the nachos con pollos - great, crispy chips and very flavorful chicken. Allso very friendly staff and a cozy, fun atmosphere.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been to 4 other Mexikan restaurants in Vienna and this offers the best food. The food is freshly prepared with an open kitchen concept. It might take longer but I think it is worth the wait. There are few tables and they are very close to one another. I am always worried about inviting people and not getting a table. I haven´t been lucky getting through the "hotline". They don´t seem to answer the phone and most of the time, it is fully booked on Saturday evenings. I wouldn´t say the atmosphere is fantastic but the food somehow compensates for it. I have been there about five times and the service was good every time. The portions are not huge but enough for me not to overeat like in other restaurants in Vienna. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very nice food and our server was very prompt. We had heard the food was good and that was certainly true for us. The Margarita was a real treat. The Pinatazo was very well done. It probably should be $$1/2 as our check was about $30US per person which included a shared desert.