“Felt very much at home here”
Review of Hotel Imlauer Wien

Hotel Imlauer Wien
Ranked #84 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel is very recommendable: clean, accessible and has all the amenities one could ask for. The room had a decent size and smelled very clean when we entered. The beds were awfully comfortable; I hadn't slept that well in a long while. The hotel is located close to two metro stations and about a 10-minute walk from Praterstern, which itself is about 25 minutes from the airport by train. There are lots of groceries nearby. Going to town takes about 15 minutes; 20-25 minutes to St. Stephen's Cathedral. Coming home late at night always felt safe even for us girls. There is a sauna and a gym available (though we were not able to use it.) There is also a bar that closes at midnight and a great breakfast buffet from 7 to 10:30 a.m. It's all-encompassing with sweet and savory stuff, including fresh salads.

Staff was very accommodating and patient. They were very helpful with our early check-in and late check-out as well as showing us things to do and how to get around. Thanks for making this pleasant stay possible. We got also some good evening entertainment with Mr. Karaca, the barman.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Imlauer Wien

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Imlauer Vienna and the Nestroy Vienna are one and the same hotel. I don't know where the different names come from. That been said, the hotel is easily situated nearby two metro stations, just 2 stops from the city center and 1 stop from the oldest amusement park in Europe.

Pro's:
- It looks like the hotel is young and has new rooms. The comments on old rooms as read below are not true. The rooms are clean, provide a nice bathroom (shower only, no bathtub) and have comfortable beds. Only, with a double bed I expect one double matras and one double covering. By double this hotel understands one bed, but with to separate matrases and separate covering. (not really what we like).
- Nice sauna, relax room and fitness room

Con's:
The staff needs proper hotel training! This is not expected in a 4 star hotel.
- first we got our room offered, but no explanation followed on what to find in the hotel. I discovered by the internet and by reading the folder in the room that there was a sauna and fitness room, that there was a bar and restaurant, etc. We had to ask it by ourselves in the evening where we could find the sauna.
- when we entered our room and I noticed it wasn't the one we booked. I booked a junior suite, but we were offered a standard room. The staff said it was their mistake and changed us to our junior suite. A mistake can be made, so that was forgiven (as it was only the second mistake)
- We wanted to go to the sauna, but noticed that there were no bathrobes (as again I discovered by myself in the folder that they were supposed to be available). So I went back to the front desk. They forgot to place the bathrobes in the room...
- Then after a nice sauna we wanted to rent a romantic movie (it was feb 14th) from the pay-tv. However the service was unavailable. I called the front desk, but no technician was available until the morning.
- At 8am: who was there when we were still nice asleep? The technician...!! Arghh! He would come back later in the day.
- In the evening on the second day, I went back to the front desk and asked if the technician had fixed the problem. The guy looked in his book and showed me next to my noted problem it was written 'OK'. So I'm happy, go to the sauna and when I got back to install me with my wife for our missed movie. What's on the screen: Service not available!!! They would offer us a drink at the bar instead. As we were already in our night clothing I decided to have a coca cola from the mini bar.
- We check out: I have to pay for the used coca cola, even after two nights of service failure..

All in all I think the hotel as a building has the potential of becoming a 4 star hotel, but for now the service is only 2 star. I think if nothing changes fast, you're better off in another hotel. Especially as I know the Austrian hospitality from our skiing trips...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
imlauer, General Manager at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear value guest,
Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.
First of all I need to clarify 1 situation, which might be sometimes a little confusing for some of our guests: Hotel Nestroy Vienna and Hotel Imlauer Vienna is really not the same Hotel – we are only using the same public areas like reception, lobby, Sauna&Fitness, Bar and Breakfast-room for both Hotels as the 2 Hotels are built just next to each other, but the rooms are completely different as you might see on the web.
Thank you for your nice comments about our guest-rooms – of course some of the rooms have 2 mattresses and some of them have 1 big double mattress, so our guests have the posssibility to choose which one they prefere.
I am sorry fort he inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. Due to technical issues you were booked into a standard double room – as mentioned this was recogniced immediately and changed to the booked room right after this. Regarding the technical issues with your Pay-TV, we just found out that there is a cable connection-problem between the TV on this room and the server room from where the films are coming from – Please note, that sometimes technical issues can not be solved as fast as we wish due to several technical aspects – in this case it took some time in order to find out what is going on and what exactly is the problem…
Please be assured we are always giving our very best in every single situation in order to give the best service and the best quality to our value guest in order to make theire stay as much comfortable and convenient as possible.

I still hope to welcome you back at any time,

Best regards

Gerald Wlcek
Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I just stayed here for three nights with my partner and we loved it. Close to Nestroyplatz station, just 2 stops from Stephansplatz. Also you could walk into the very centre of town. The hotel was friendly with a chic, trendy reception area and bar, classy but not pretentious. Lovely big room. Staff were very helpful and friendly, printed our tickets for museum for us and gave us advice 're travelling. Definitely recommend it-delighted with myself for choosing it!

2  Thank Otto V
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Price: Very reasonable
Location: Not right in the center of the action, but well situated for navigating the city via long walks (which was our preferred method during this trip) or public transportation.
Staff: Very helpful in helping us to move all of our luggage inside, along with our 80-pound dog, during a much later than expected check-in. Also very knowledgeable about the city, things to do, parking, and transportation.
Pet friendly: As mentioned, we were traveling with our large dog, and the staff were very accommodating, to include a box of treats and a tennis ball waiting in the room for him.
Pros: Fitness Center, Free WiFi throughout hotel.
Cons: Buffet breakfast was pricey (17 Euro), but offered all of the typical European fare, and the food was good quality.
Bottom Line: We would definitely stay here again, especially if traveling with our dog.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor of the main building, and we had two angled roof windows that could be pr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
beiwzd, Manager at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for having chosen the Hotel IMLAUER for your recent stay in Vienna.
Thank you very much for your very nice comments and words on TripAdvisor.
We are very delighted that we were able to fulfill your expectations and you had some memorable days in Vienna.
It would be our great pleasure of welcoming you again at our hotel in the near future.
On behalf of our entire team I wish you all the best and once again thank you staying with us.
With best regards

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here in December for 4 nights.

The Hotel organised us taxis to and from the airport at 37 euros each way, a tad expensive but very efficient and time saving.

Check in was swift, staff all through the stay were very professional and helpful.

The location is in a quiet street off the Taborstrasse which leads into the town centre (15 to to 20 minute walk). There is a supermarket 50 yards away and bars and restaurants close by. The famous big wheel and amusement park are a ten minute walk from the Hotel.

The Hotel and room were very clean. Maid service was very good.

The room was large, modern, well lit with a really comfortable bed and a nice bathroom and was extremely good value for what we paid at this time of year.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
beiwzd, Front Office Manager at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at IMLAUER Hotel with us and with other travellers and we appreciate you having taken the time to write this review.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for giving our hotel an excellent rating.
We are gratified to read that you had an enjoyable time after choosing Hotel IMLAUER for your first stay in the city of Vienna. Also, we would like to thank you for informing other visitors about how convenient and how central the hotel is for many of the city´s attractions.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. In case of any questions; I remain at your disposal.
Best regards

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is clean, close to the city center, and close to the underground. They also have free Wifi which is a plus. However, our best comments go to the staff of the hotel, who were very knowledgeable and very helpful with information. We arrived late and they let us know of a couple fantastic restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and called to make sure we could get in. They gave us recommendations for dinners for other nights and made reservations for us. They also called several jazz clubs trying to get us last minute reservations. They also were able to give us information on anywhere we asked about. 17€ is a bit steep for breakfast, so we chose to just grab a danish at the bakery right on the way to the underground. I will definitely stay there again if I go back to Vienna.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
beiwzd, Manager at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear value guest,
I truly appreciate your taking the time to write about IMLAUER Hotel Vienna on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and your kind comments regarding your recent stay are very important to us.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the politeness of our staff.
I have communicated your comments to the entire team as it is words such as yours that truly inspire us to work harder every day and to try to exceed guests´expectations.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel IMLAUER in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information or assistance.
Best regards from Vienna

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Selling point: free wifi and free use of the fitness centre and gym. Nice staff, clean, spacious rooms, and only 15 min by foot into town if you enjoy walking. Only criticism is that the beds weren't super comfortable and we decided to give the 17 euro breakfasts a miss.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends