“Russain roulette”
Review of Adagio Vienna City

Adagio Vienna City
Ranked #141 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I booked a non-smoking double studio room for several nights; upon arrival I was given a key to the room on the last floor which looked way far from the pictures on the web: it was a small, gloomy and tacky mansard with one tiny window in the ceiling and dirty stained walls in the kitchen.
There was no way I would stay for EUR 100 in a closet like that one, so I went down and asked the manager if I could have another room – that was actually the first time I’ve had to ask for another room and I should say I travel a lot. The second one was none the better – may be not that tacky, but this time facing a concrete wall. Down I went the second time.
This time I was told that they had no non-smoking rooms available, so I decided to try smoking ones. To make it short, we’ve tried three smoking rooms – all of them were looking much more decent (in fact the way it’s shown on the hotel’s website) and had nice views but all had an unbearable stench of an inveterate chain smoker which made me literally sick right from the doorstep.
Finally we found the one that after some thorough airing and air-freshener smell more or less ok and I could check in. The only conclusion I can make is that one of the hotel shareholders is some tobacco company.
Anyway I should say that all of that time the guy from the reception was very helpful and nice and really tried to do the best he could to solve my problem.
The breakfast was a pleasant surprise; I’d say it’s worth the price; but you can always get some snacks at the supermarket which is few hundred meters away from the hotel across the road. WiFi is not available in the rooms, but I asked a cable at the reception so to me it was not a problem. Also loved the area; the hotel is effectively located on the embankment so I could even get a glimpse of Dunai from my room.
If it was not for the controversy upon the rooms at the check-in, the overall impression would’ve been much better.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank DD12345_00
AdagioWien, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion about our Aparthotel Adagio Wien Zentrum with us.

I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the rooms at the first sight, and I apology for any inconvenience caused. I'm glad to read that our front desk staff did there best to ensure you a great stay.

Whenver you come back to Vienna I hope to welcome you again in our Aparthotel.
We are looking foward to it.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and would happily stay here again in future trips to Vienna. Here's why:

We were a group of 6, 3 couples, one couple being my boyfriend's parents, and the other his sister and her husband. Thus, we wanted to spent as much time together as possible. Having a kitchenette in each room, plus a small dining table (stored under the desk), along with a fold away chair stored in the closet meant we had enough room to entertain everyone in our room. Th fold away bed had a couch underneath which we also found useful.

The beds were all comfy. We had a fold away bed in our room, and normal beds in the other two rooms. All beds were comfortable.

We stayed 4 nights, thus, there was no cleaning nor towel change. This was not a problem as there was even a vacuum cleaner in the room. Maybe having fresh towels would have been better (you can get some for extra pay) but not a big issue.

Big positives:

- Kitchen with all that you would need for 4 people: fridge, electric stove, microwave oven, kettle, coffee machine, dish washer as well as cutlery, plates, glasses,mugs and pots and pans. There is also dish washing liquid as well as pills for the dish washer.
- Comfortable beds
- enough space
- Very new furniture
- Modern design
- Free coffee and hot water in the lobby except during breakfast time
- free wifi in the lobby, and free internet access via cable in the rooms
- Super clean rooms and halls
- Free access to the fitness room and sauna 24/7

Location was also very very convenient. The tram stop is right in front of the hotel, the underground (U4) at Schewedenplatz is only 5 minutes away. Schewedenplatz is also full of really good restaurants, close to the shopping district, and the boats to Bratislava also leave from here.

We only used the public transport when we went to Schonbrunn castle. Everywhere within the city center was reachable on foot thanks to the location of the hotel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would like to thank them all for making our trip extra good.

Tips:
- Take some salt, cooking oil, suger, and tea bags if you do not want buy all of this for a few days use only.
- Tap water is delicious in Vienna. I preferred the tap water to the bottled water we bought the first day.
- Take slippers with you. The bathroom is designed in such a way that water splashes on the floor when taking a shower.

Suggestions:
Water splashes on the floor from the shower. It would be great to have a mop in the bathroom to dry this up after taking showers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank saharbeheshti
AdagioWien, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear guest,

first of all thank you so much for taking time to share your opinion about our Aparthotel Adagio Wien Zentrum.

I'm delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in Vienna.
I hope to welcome you again in our Aparthotel.
Please do not hestiate to contact us at any time.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We found the staff really helpful, but some other aspects of our stay weren't as good. The shower didn't drain properly. When making the booking we were advised that there was WIFI available, but on check in was told it was only available in the lobby. The air conditioning in the rooms was not working properly either. All that sad, it's very clean and close to public transport and the old centre. The pull out beds were comfortable. Our kitchenette was useful.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben D
AdagioWien, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, I'm sorry that you were not sadisfied with all our services and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

However I'm delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
I hope to welcome you again in our Aparthotel.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I'd echo the positive sentiments of other reviewers and would add that I found their customer service outstanding - always willing to help and even offered me another room after my own (UK) laptop appeared to blow the room's fuses! Loved the 24 hour fitness room and sauna, there wasn't a peep of noise to disturb our sleep on the 8th floor, and both the room and hotel were really modern, bright and comfortable. Will definitely short-list for my next visit to Vienna!

Room Tip: 8th floor courtyard/backyard(?) room was totally silent outside at night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kenny M

Dear guest,

I'm glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Vienna in our Aparthotel
Whenver you come back to Vienan I hope to welcome you again in our Aparthotel.
We are looking foward to it.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cocoafrance

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We (Mother and darter traveling in Easter Europe) arrived by train from Prague in the early afternoon. The metro from the train station to adagio was easy (one transfer only and it was just across the platform so no additional stairs). We had a studio with a drop down bed from the wall and a small kitchenette. Having the kitchenette worked well for us since we were able to enjoy tea/lightbreakfast and cooked a dinner on a night when we were quite tired. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was fine. We were there for five days so there was no cleaning service or change of towels, which we were aware of thanks to other TA reviews we had read so we were prepared. You can ask for cleaning service at an additional cost if required. The concierge was helpful (although once sent us to the wrong location! Thankfully there are trains to Bratislava every hour so it's ok we were late).

This place is right on the main ring road but not in the middle of the sights. Tram 1 comes right outside and tram 2 stops a block away (tram 2 will take you to the main sights within 5 minutes).

For travel on oublic transport there are two options, single tickets or buying a pass. The full day pass includes trams metro and bus for around 6.60 for one day and the 3 day is around 18 but also includes a booklet with discounts. There is a Billa grocery store 5 minute walk away which closes at 7pm and a lot of fast food noodle and gyro/kabob etc at the metro stop (5min walk).

One slight disappointment is that although there is wifi in the lobby the rooms do not have it. They provided us with an Ethernet cable at check in without us even asking but if traveling with only an iPhone and iPad then you'll need to sit in the lobby for Internet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mother and daug... S

Dear guest,

I'm delighted to read you had a wonderful time in Vienna and a you were satisfied with our Aparthotel "Adagio Wien Zentrum".
I would be glad to welcome you again in our Aparthotel and you can contact us at any time.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here for three nights and appreciated the cooking and washing facilities provided. Short walk to local train station and convenience store. Quiet location, helpful and friendly staff. Clean, modern room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy736
Sonja H, Geschäftsführer at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Sandy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It puts always a big smile upon our faces if we were able to fulfill our clients expectations and we are very happy to read that your stay was a very pleasant one.

We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again!

Best regards,