“Great Schintzel”

Ranked #53 of 4,347 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome in the amazing world of on the premises brewed delicious beers, brewed according old receipies,the love for homestyle cuisine and on the premises destilled brands, made from our beers.Welcome at the most historical site with an 450 years history. Welcome at Salm Braeu of the Welledits-Family.Since June 2013 Salm Bräu is 100% smoke free indoors !
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place has a fantastic atmosphere! Doesn ´ t matter if you sit outside or inside, it is very popular and crowed. But to get here their homemade beer and delicious Calb schintzel is great experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went there with some folks from work to have a team dinner. The waiters were nether impolite nor polite but somehow the whole experience left a bad taste.
I took the spareribs and I recommend u NOT to take it. It was grilled hours before (maybe even days) it was served. It looked dry and old and it tasted below average.
The beer is good, taste real good there.
As I said the waiters were not special neither in a positive nor in a negative sense to us, however at neighbor tables I saw how they behaved and it is not ok.
All together if u go there don't go for food rather for a beer.

4  Thank Peter-Pal
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Good food, great beer. Went twice. While the ribs I had the first time were good, the Koster Platz I had the second visit was excellent. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank T Y
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were there with my boyfriend and other two friends and they totally ruined our stay. From the beginning they were so rude and impolite. We waited so long for the order and for the food. Most of the dishes were not available and the ones we had were not so special actually (the schnitzel were so small and not that tasty and it costed 16.50 Euro -.-''!!!). But the worst part was that, when we went to pay, they also treated as very rudely (I also left 2 Euro for tips, just to be polite) and, while me and my boyfriend were waiting for our friends to pay, when we just softly and innocently kissed they all stared at us and the waitresses said in german (thinking we did not understand them) that the world was in ruin because of two men kissing in public. Still homophobics in 2014. Seriously? The worst experience ever. I seriously recommend not to go there. So disappointing

7  Thank Danyxx89
Reviewed July 11, 2014

It was an excellent experience at this restaurant. The food was amazing (we ate BBQ Ribs), and they offer a lots of special local beers. The atmosphere is remarkable. The value for money was very good as well.

It is very recommended to reserve table, because it is quite popular.

Altogether I really recommend this restaurant if you visit Vienna, it was an amazing dinner.