“Good food, bad service”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neubau
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went as we fancied a change from Schnitzel. This Indian was just down the road from our hotel so decided to give it a go. The first impression of the place was bad as as soon as we were led to our table a homeless guy who had come into the restaurant before us, was going around the tables asking for money. The staff at this restaurant were doing nothing about him (must have some deal where they split the money at the end of the night haha) anyway the service was pretty efficient to start with apart from a few mix ups with drinks. I thought the food was good, I had the Chicken Makhani (which tasted like a korma) and it was standard quality. We were thinking about having a dessert but after finishing our mains we waiting half an hour before someone came over and we then asked for the bill. To top it off another homeless person selling magazines (big issue style) came and was trying to sell to guests. Don't think we will be returning in a hurry.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just wandered in off the street with no idea of any reviews. Thoroughly enjoyed my rogan josh, rice, naan and popadoms and found that the depth of flavour was really something I don't get often enough. The lamb was soft and falling apart. My only complaint is that there was no chilli heat whatsoever! After speaking to the waitress, apparently the Austrian palate does not like the chilli heat. Had I know that, I would have gone for vindaloo.

Wines were quite pleasant and reasonably cheap. Contrary to a lot of the reviews on the website, I had a good experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The lady who served us was happy to speak English as our German had too much of a Swiss accent for her to understand. The food I ordered was amazing and my friend loved hers as well. The atmosphere and decor was nice. It was a little on the expensive side but worth it and it was pretty central so we didn't expect cheap food. I'd go back again if I was back in Wien.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I can honestly say, hand on heart, I have never in my life been served a worse meal. I am not fussy; I can stomach almost anything and I have never before returned a dish after taking just one mouthful. But the seafood thali was a ponging health-risk I wasn't prepared to take. Despite an apparent acceptance of this by the staff, they were initially insistent I should pay in full.

1  Thank 1LittleGem
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am an Indian expat here in Wien. Was craving for some good indian food and ended up in this restaurant with another Indian friend of mine. The food was below standards by all means but one wouldnt mind it so much if the service is good atleast. The waiters were simply rude to us; am not sure if that was because of the 'desi' effect that we did not have a white skin or was it because he was having a bad day :) Whatever the case; it was certainly a last visit to this place because both me and my friend fell sick after eating the food. Apart from rude, they also were very reluctant to change an item which we ordered without oil! It makes me more sick (mentally) when restaurants do not treat people well or remotely respect them! I would not recommend this place to anyone!!

1  Thank Ree G