“Excellent food”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wieden
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went for lunch in the middle of the week during a busy time in December. We did not have a reservation but got a table by the door(thankfully since they allow smoking in the restaurant). It is very tiny inside. We had swordfish and rosemary potatoes, mussels and salad and two beers. Total cost 56Euro. Would definitely recommend this place for the food. They seem to be busy in there all the time.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Overcrowded, not very fashionable - but what an excellent choice of delicious fish dishes !!
For sure, you don't come here to enjoy comfort and elegant surroundings - your mission should only be set on enjoying a wonderful fish dinner - and then this is the place for you when visiting Vienna. Very serviceminded staff and they also have a good selection of wines to go with the fish.
Be aware because of the location in the midst of the Naschmart, they are not open after 18.00 on Saturdays. And be sure to make a reservation as this is a very popular eating venue.
Enjoy !!

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We arrived without reservation and foun that it was the only busy restaurant in the Naschmarkt. My fiancée and I had an excellent meal with lovely wine and while the food is expensive, in this case it was worth the money! Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Being a regular Vienna-visitor I do not normaly find good seafood in a country without a seashore, but we found this. I had a very good lunch as a present from my eldest daughter.
I had a nice salmontartare as a starter and a tasty and spicy caserole of seafood as a maincourse. Service was very good and friendly in spite of the crowded facility.
But there was a huge problem: A tiny restaurant and people were allowed to smoke......!
That is a problem in the whole of Austria and I sincerely hope they soon will put a stop to this.
Otherwise it was a very nice experience.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We ate at this restaurant while at the Nachmarkt on a Saturday, so it was quite crowded. We ate outside and were attended to promptly. We started out sharing a mixed appetizer and both enjoyed it very much. My husband found his fish soup tasty. I had the shrimp on sole dish, and while it was good, I found it rather bland and had wished that I had ordered something with more flavor to it. There appeared to be many of the locals dining here as well, all of them well dressed. Despite the crowds, our waiter was very attentive and helpful. The prices, however were high for the value received.