Open today: Closed

from $165.83
from $158.96
from $147.53
More Info
All reviews small group tour local guide day trip great trip cesky krumlov hallstatt tour an amazing tour guide safe driver would highly recommend this tour beautiful sights these guys interesting information walking tour peter lakes gallen company
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

Balazs picked us up on time and after picking up another family of 4 we were off.
Interesting commentary all the way of both Austria and Hungary.
Breaks whenever you needed.We were taken to all the key spots and given time to roam at most.
Again with a full explanation from Balazs at every stop.
At around 1.30 we were given free time to go wherever we wanted and met back up at agreed time and place.
My family and I had another great day and can not recommend this company enough.
We had 2 tours,2different drivers ....same result ....a great informative day
Fully recommend these guys

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank Explorer722651
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

Very bad experience with White Alligator tour- watch out for this your company. I don’t usually write negative reviews (you can see all my glowing feedback from different parts of the world) but I want to let people know about this one. I picked the tour with care based on past TripAdvisor reviews. A day before the private tour (meaning 4 - 6 people, and my mom and I were two of those) I received an e-mail that pickup will be 6:45 am to 7:15 am and they’ll let me know specifically when the next day. I emailed Kevin back asking if 7:15 am would be ok so that before the 12+ hour tour I could grab a little breakfast at the hotel which starts at 7 am. I got an email back from Kevin saying that they will pick me at 6:45 am. Given how small the tour is, I found that strange. It was our first night in a new hotel and there was construction at the window all night long. We literally did not sleep a wink. In the morning I started calling and emailing White Alligator asking if it would be possible to do the tour on a different (we are around all week) or even just a different tour. The answer to everything was just NO. When I called, the owner of the company said he’s not at his desk right now and can’t check how full the tours are - but then he just said ‘’no, we’re charging you the full amount and you can’t even switch’’ without even looking! This company just wants your money. They don’t care about the person taking the tour or the quality of your experience with White Alligator. Hope you find a better option than I found, because I ended up paying a lot of money, not going on any kind of tour, and didn’t sense any effort on the part of the company.

Date of experience: June 2019
2  Thank ElisabettaViaggiare
WhiteAlligatorTours, Owner at White Alligator Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear ElisabettaViaggiare!

We also thank you, just like your partner K7645H (the review below yours), for taking the time to put your experience with White Alligator Tours into words.

Nevertheless, we have to start with the following: your review includes many false and misleading information as well as accusations that are unjust and untrue.

First of all, you did book the Small-Group Day Trip from Vienna to Salzburg and not a private day trip. (Your partner K7645H stated below this review the value of your booking of EUR 250. For that amount of money you cannot get a private trip.)

In case of small-group tours we do pick-ups from different parts of Vienna and try to do this, in order to guarantee our Clients the unique experience we offer them, within the time frame from 6.45am-7.15am.

We are completely aware of certain hotels offering breakfast option only from 7.00am, but simply for this reason we cannot depart half an hour later (in case of a private tour this is different). On the other hand, we did inform you about the washroom break with breakfast option on our way to Salzburg (email on file). Luckier guests can also get a breakfast bag in most of the hotels.

Please note that we don’t really know what happened that night in your hotel. We contacted the management of your hotel (initials: H.B.) in order to confirm the construction work “at the window all night long”, however this was not confirmed by them. No surprise, as you would have traveled on 11 June, a day after Whit Monday.

Your hotel is located in a very quiet street of Vienna’s old down and it was the night after a religious holiday. If someone is familiar with Vienna, knows very well that chances of construction works on holidays are minimal…construction works at night in the old town are, so we would say, pretty much impossible.

Truly we did receive an email from you 15 (!) minutes before your departure time at 6.45am stating that you were “exhausted” and had not slept “all night”. While our driver Hans was already in your hotel to pick-you up, you wanted to re-schedule your travel date. As per earlier reviews, our company is pretty flexible in changing travel dates in order to accommodate our Clients, but we could only offer you a Salzburg tour on 22 June (with no other option available). This offer was rejected by you.

Please note that if you try to cancel or amend a tour with the driver already being in your hotel waiting for your pick-up, most probably in 100% of the cases you will not be entitled to get a refund. On the other hand, you had accepted our company’s Terms of Service, otherwise a booking would not have been possible, that clearly state the rules. Even if you tried to cancel or amend a Trip Advisor booking within 24 hours of departure time, you simply would not be able to do it.

Before finishing your review, you state the following: “This company just wants your money. They don’t care about the person taking the tour or the quality of your experience with White Alligator.”

Let me point out one thing here.

The day you did the booking with us on 21 April 2019, accidentally you had booked one more person for the tour. The amount of money you had paid for the extra person, was refunded to your account within minutes. Your reply stated back then: “You are so kind!” (Email on file).

At the end of the day we strongly doubt your willingness to take the Salzburg tour on 11 June 2019. The reasons are the following:

1. In an email sent us at 2.38pm on the day before the tour you wrote you “can’t leave for the tour” in case of no breakfast (on file).
2. In an email sent us at 3.00am (!) on your travel date you marked Peter “as the reason” you had booked the tour and therefore wanting to switch the driver and travel date (on file).
3. At 6.30am (15 minutes before departure time) you sent us an email stating you had a “terribly loud hotel room” (on file).

All these emails seemed to us to be some kind of last minute excuse to not take the tour on the original travel date, which still would not have been a problem, if you had tried to amend your booking earlier and not 15 minutes before departure time with your driver ready to pick you up in your hotel lobby.

Similar to our reaction to your partner’s review below, we clearly reject you characterizing us as “bad people”. We truly believe the reviews by other Clients pretty much confirm our point of view.

Best regards,
Balazs Csekö
Owner
White Alligator Tours

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

We booked this tour months in advance, and were very excited to go. First of all, all the glowing reviews were about Peter and we got a different tour guide, Hans. That was fine. We were still looking forward to going. But we both weren’t feeling well and asked to change the tour to a different date. I was dizzy, nauseous, and literally couldn’t get out of bed - not to mention go on a 12 to 13 hour Salzburg tour. I went downstairs, told the driver this and then spoke to the owner on the phone.
I’ve never seen a company that’s so inflexible and unsympathetic. They were saying that either we go right now or we lose the 250 euros that we payed. 250 euros! Just beware that you are dealing with a bad company and lousy people.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank K7645H

Dear K7645H!
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with White Alligator Tours.
After a careful and deep review of your evaluation our company workers are truly shocked about your and ElisabettaViaggiare’s reviews (we are talking about the same case). Not because we did not fulfill our commitments, but because of the way you are trying to present the whole case to the public.
Hereby we are trying to give you the most diplomatic answer possible.
Let us point out that Peter is part of the company, but White Alligator Tours is not a single person company. Although we try to fulfill the wishes of our Clients as much as possible, we cannot always guarantee the driver you wish to travel with (we did not so in your case either).
We are very glad that you mention in your review that Hans, one of the best and most professional tour guides you could have ever had, was already prepared and waiting for you in the hotel lobby. He was there and waiting for you because your email (on file) about a “terribly loud hotel room tonight” and your “exhaustion” had been sent 15 (!) minutes (6.30am) before tour departure time at 6.45am!
The email version is not exactly the same you had put in your Trip Advisor review: “I was dizzy, nauseous, and literally couldn’t get out of bed”…
As your proper review also states, you tried to change the travel date with the driver already being in your hotel to pick you up. As per earlier reviews, our company is pretty flexible in changing travel dates in order to accommodate our Clients, but we could only offer you a Salzburg tour on 22 June. This offer was rejected by you.
If you try to cancel or amend a tour with the driver already being in your hotel waiting for your pick-up, most probably in 100% of the cases you will not be entitled to get a refund. On the other hand, you had accepted the company’s Terms of Service, otherwise a booking would not have been possible, that clearly state the rules.
Even if you tried to cancel or amend a Trip Advisor booking within 24 hours of departure time, you simply cannot do it.
For all these reasons the adjectives of “inflexible”, “unsympathetic”, “bad company” and “lousy people” are simply unjust and we have to reject them. We truly believe the reviews by other Clients pretty much confirm our point of view.
Best regards,
Balazs Csekö
Owner
White Alligator Tours

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

I would highly recommend White Alligator Tours to Hallstatt. My group was small as it only had 8 people. My driver was Peter. He was punctual and showed up when I was told to meet him and he is very knowledgeable about Vienna and the Lake District. We had another tour guide called Anna who showed us around Hallstatt and gave us the history of the village. I really enjoyed learning about Vienna, the Lake District, and Hallstatt and recommend this a must do when visiting Vienna.

1  Thank stephiea28
WhiteAlligatorTours, Manager at White Alligator Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear stephaniehX3830MD, thank you very much for taking the time for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed the Hallstatt trip with Anna and Peter. We will forward them your kind words. We hope to welcome you soon again in Vienna. Best regards, Balazs White Alligator Tours

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful trip with highly professional and funny guides. Worth paying for and if you are lucky to get a sunny day, then you are in for a beautiful surprise at the lake region.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

My family and I booked a trip to Cesky Krumlov with White Alligator Tours. All questions I had about the trip were quickly and completely answered via email before we left. Our tour guide, Peter, picked us up from our Airbnb promptly at 7:00 am. The van was clean and comfortable and Peter provided highly interesting narrative as we traveled to Cesky Krumlov. Once we arrived White Alligator Tours had a local guide for us who showed us the historic city center and the castle. We then had time to explore on our own, which we spent getting lunch, checking out the many interesting shops, and further exploring the castle. At the end of the trip Peter took us back to Vienna along a new route, allowing us to see some of the foothills of the Alps. We were highly satisfied with our tour and will absoutely look to White Alligator Tours again in the future if we want to take a day trip from Vienna. We give White Alligator our highest recommendation.

1  Thank Eric0270