“Attractive decor, good food but very stiff atmosphere.”
Review of Five Senses

Five Senses
Ranked #370 of 4,347 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Diner, International, Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The first thing to strike me was the stylish decor. Very modern and slick. There were a few other tables eating already but the restaurant was very quiet in terms of chatter and ambience. We were greeted, seated and served by an efficient, polite but fairly stoic gentleman who looked like he hadn't smiled in years. Our food came in a timely fashion; starter and main were both very good and the waitress who took over the service for us was a little less business-like. However, we chatted over our food in that hushed, afraid-to-make-a-noise type of whisper that places like this seem to inadvertently encourage. You're almost made to feel insolent for not taking the food seriously enough. Which, if that is your bag, means this restaurant could well be essential for you. My wife and I however, would rather a place with a bit of spark any day, and thus, wouldn't come here again. However, this is obviously a personal opinion and I can't emphasise enough that the service and food are very good so please try it for yourself before passing judgement. Perhaps we just caught it on an off night....

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were really wowed by this restaurant from the moment we arrived. Very cool decor & friendly efficient wait staff. I ordered the salmon risotto & hubby the tofu vegetable curry. But first we were given a basket a good German or should I say Austrian bread with butter with I think a little garlic in it. Thn they also gave us a little taster dish of eggplant, cream & red pepper which was delicious as were both our meals. And beautifully presented. I succumbed to the desert, find it very hard to go past a creme brulee. This one was a little different with the crispy brûlée on the bottom & served with a lovely refreshing sorbet. Would highly recommend to any one visiting Vienna.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We went there with my wife and 1yo son (sleeping). Ordered baked goat's cheese with some kind of falafels - quite surprising but delicious and nice looking. Then my wife ordered gnocchi with pumpkin (which our son also ate when he woke up and was delighted) and me curry-style butter chicken. I must say I've never eaten such good chicken inside curry before!
Cremee brulee desert was very good, although I wouldn't put fruit sorbet and walnuts on it (it's too much but of course it looks better).
The place has really nice atmosphere and is suprisingly uncrowded. It looks like a part of Novotel but it isn't. They do care about ingredients and the way it's cooked and served. Staff is really nice and speaks English.
Overall it was worth every euro spent on it (2 starters, two dishes, wine, two desserts and coffees for ca 80eur).
Highly recommended!

1  Thank jgrabowski
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice venue, friendly staff and quality food at a reasonable price. I would recommend a visit.

My only minor quibble was that nobody checked if everything was ok (and i wanted a drink, couldnt flag a waiter for a little while).

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nice decor. Interesting dishes. Food was very well cooked, presented and tasted superb. Service was excellent too. Would have no hesitation in recommending.