“Worth the bike ride across the city”
Review of Five Senses

Five Senses
Ranked #411 of 4,310 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Diner, International, Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were really wowed by this restaurant from the moment we arrived. Very cool decor & friendly efficient wait staff. I ordered the salmon risotto & hubby the tofu vegetable curry. But first we were given a basket a good German or should I say Austrian bread with butter with I think a little garlic in it. Thn they also gave us a little taster dish of eggplant, cream & red pepper which was delicious as were both our meals. And beautifully presented. I succumbed to the desert, find it very hard to go past a creme brulee. This one was a little different with the crispy brûlée on the bottom & served with a lovely refreshing sorbet. Would highly recommend to any one visiting Vienna.

There are newer reviews for Five Senses

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We went there with my wife and 1yo son (sleeping). Ordered baked goat's cheese with some kind of falafels - quite surprising but delicious and nice looking. Then my wife ordered gnocchi with pumpkin (which our son also ate when he woke up and was delighted) and me curry-style butter chicken. I must say I've never eaten such good chicken inside curry before!
Cremee brulee desert was very good, although I wouldn't put fruit sorbet and walnuts on it (it's too much but of course it looks better).
The place has really nice atmosphere and is suprisingly uncrowded. It looks like a part of Novotel but it isn't. They do care about ingredients and the way it's cooked and served. Staff is really nice and speaks English.
Overall it was worth every euro spent on it (2 starters, two dishes, wine, two desserts and coffees for ca 80eur).
Highly recommended!

1  Thank jgrabowski
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice venue, friendly staff and quality food at a reasonable price. I would recommend a visit.

My only minor quibble was that nobody checked if everything was ok (and i wanted a drink, couldnt flag a waiter for a little while).

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nice decor. Interesting dishes. Food was very well cooked, presented and tasted superb. Service was excellent too. Would have no hesitation in recommending.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had read a lot of good reviews of this restaurant here and decided to make it our one "fancy" meal in Vienna. We took the U-Bahn. I recomment getting off at Nestroyplatz rather than Schwedenplatz---it's closer. We got the 4-4 and enjoyed it. I think that's probably always the same: bread and the eggplant dish for starters, and 4 sort of brandy snifters with the four meal servings. All were yummy. I really like the garlic mashed potatoes. The meal with wine and beer came to about 53 Euros.

1  Thank merry_vermont