a&o Wien Stadthalle
  • Bar/Lounge
$244
$215
  • Room Service
All reviewshostel hotelstaff are extremely helpfulbed roomu bahnfew minutes walkstayed for nightscitybackpackerstwinensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A pleasant overnight stop. I booked a single room which was clean and spacious enough, especially at the price which was very reasonable in comparison to other places in the area.

Good facilities and nice breakfast, all well located close to the station and the city centre. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank JamieGW-B
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent there two nights with my friends in February 2014 and the only "problem" was that we had to queue for a few minutes for check-in because there was only one young man at the reception desk.
When you book a room on booking.com, you don't get sheets and towels, you have to pay for them, but considering the price for the room for four people, it's really nothing.
The room we had (no 221 I think) was very simple but clean. We had a TV, a hairdryer, there was shower gel in the bathroom and everything worked.
We loved the breakfast "all you can eat", just for 6 euros you get many different things to eat and drink. The coffee was great which is always important to me.
The reception desk is available 24 hours a day, they can even make a cup of tea or coffee at night.
It' s very close to the underground station, just a few minutes from Westbahnhof. I will probably choose the hostel again when I travel to Vienna.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Booked this hotel because if Wiener Stadthalle which is 5 mins on foot so very close. I stayed in this hotel/hostel in the past, 2009, in a twin room and it was not bad, very basic but clean. This time I booked a single room and was not happy at all.
Reception very helpful with everything you need, nicely decorated lobby, computer room, tourist info, bar and public areas. These are very friendly and comfortable. But at this point it ended in my case. I was checked in earlier which was good but the room was awful. Smelly, tiny, looked like a basement room with a window to the courtyard but accesible from there if you leave the windiw open! Also an ugly curtain did not fit. And everytime I enterred my room Inhad to deal with unpleasant smell. There were a lof of plugs so this was good.
One half of the room was 1m wide, second half as well if I do not count space for a bed. It had a TV, shampoo, shower gel but no tea and coffee facilities. You can use a safety box at the reception.
The room was very noisy at night due to a constant slamming of main door if entrance. I have to say I was really disappointed although it was cheap.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I didn't have a good experience in this hostel... Sadly the price I booked in booking.com didn't include sheets or towels, which were charged for 5 euro more of the original price. Futhermore, I was charged and extra 3 euro charge because I wanted to pay with credit card! At the end, I payed one more night because of the extra charges that are not mentioned in the booking. On the other hand, talking about the accommodation itself.. they weren't that clean... they seemed tidy, however the housekeeping didn't clean the room just took the garbage out.. and refilled the shampoo and soup in the bathroom... I was terrified about this because many people used the bathroom and all rooms are mixed! People come and go everyday! Worst hostel I ever been. I'm not coming back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends