Senator Hotel Vienna
$214
  • Room Service
$76
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstram stoplidl supermarketcity centrenice hotelstayed in this hotel for nightspublic transportationenjoyed my stayhotel is locatedshort stayhotel staffair conditioningbudget hotelbuffet breakfastschottentorinternetstationcomputers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The breakfast was tasteful and with a lot of diversity of food .
The location it is near to city center , with tram 43 at just 8 station .
The metro it is at just 3 station of tram .
We have just a small problem with heat , they don't have heat enough for us .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DanBineata
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I check in at 3:45 PM, unfortunately the room was not ready because apparently prior guests just took a little longer to leave the place... I finally got my room a little later.

The room key was always demagnetized and I had to go back to the reception at least three times to get it reactivated.

I had booked for a double room for single use...unfortunately when I got there I was only given a tiny single bed. I was promised to receive another bed but never came...

The breakfast room was a joke. During peak hours, we were at least 100 people trying to get a spot in the room mate for 40 people ... Needless to say it was a challenge to get clean dishes as well. I decided to bring my own food as the one available at the buffet lacked variety...

The hotel is located in a somewhat poor area. There are a few beggars outside and a few cheap stores/eateries.

For €100 per night, I would have hoped to get a much better value. I will likely look for a different place if I return to Vienna.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Frunky
Thomas W, Geschäftsführer at Senator Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Frunky,

first of all we would like to thank you for the time you spent to give us your feedback about your stay in our hotel. We are pleased, that you have chosen our hotel during your stay in Vienna, but we are sorry that it was not as pleasant as expected.

Our housekeeping team gives its best to clean all the rooms until the 3:00pm, but due to a very high occupancy of the hotel during these days, unfortunately it can happen that not all the rooms are ready at this time. We are really sorry, that you had to wait a little bit longer for your room.

The keycards, which we use in the hotel, are sensitive to electronic devices. If you put them together e. g. with your mobile phone, they can unfortunately be demagnetized.

Our breakfast room accommodates 140 guests. During peak hours it could be busy for some minutes, but our staff always tries to clean the tables and stock up the buffet as fast as possible. We discussed this topic with all our staff in detail once again, to ensure best service even during peak time in high season.

Finally I would like to apologize again personally for all the inconviniences you had during your stay, and would like to welcome you again in our hotel to convince you of our high level standard.

With my best regards from Vienna

Thomas Welzig
(General Manager)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Officially, you can stay here from 3pm, but the hotel allowed us to accommodate at noon.
The room had a modern design, there was shower and TV. From hotel you can take tram n. 43 to nearest metro station U2.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jakub T
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The Hotel Senator is a small hotel located right in the city of Vienna (but a bit far from major city attractions), however, it is within walking distance of tram stops so you can move around the city easily. To get to the city center, one may take tram 43 from the nearby stop and the ride only takes roughly about 15mins. The room is clean and comfortable with a nice bathroom and there is also free limited WiFi available in the room. There is a convenience shop along the hotel's street and some eateries. The surroundings are pretty quiet at night. Overall, it is a nice budget hotel that I'd recommend for those staying in Vienna.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WillCWK
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is a quiet small hotel. But the location is really great.100 meters away there is bus 43 station. Reception staffs can speak good English. But during weekends, hotel can not provide technical service as we have problem about socket. Overall, it is worthy by this room rate.internet is fast and room is cozy and clean. Nothing is too bad or extremly good. Meet the average hotel standard.

Room Tip: Better to choose the room which is away from the main street. Othervise a little bit noisy during night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends