“Best way to go from Vienna to Bratislava”
Review of Twin City Liner

Twin City Liner
Ranked #114 of 585 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Twin City Liner links Vienna and Bratislava, center to center. From Schwedenplatz in Vienna to Bratislava´s Old Town. The Twin City Liner is a high-speed catamaran which speeds up to 70 km/h. It also provides a high level of comfort. The catamaran is fully air-conditioned and equipped with luxurious first-class seating, panoramic windows, an open-air deck, an additional passenger cabin Captais Lounge) and outdoor seats on sun deck. The catering service board offers snacks, drinks and souvenirs. Travelling time: 75-90 minutes. The best way to discover Vienna and Bratislava!
Nova Lima, MG
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Best way to go from Vienna to Bratislava”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The liner is a large high-speed boat, which travels from central Vienna to central Bratislava in little more than an hour. Its wharf in Vienna is in front of the Schwedenplatz subway station; in Bratislava, it is at walking distance from the historical center. The boot seating area is quite spacious. There is not much to see during the trip, except at the very beginning and end.

Visited December 2012

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“worth trying one way..”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

It was a cloudy day, took this Twin City Liner in the morning from Vienna to Bratislava.

We bought the tickets online but it did not help us saving time to get on board.. We had to wait on the long queue in order to get our actual tickets from the printed confirmation. Not surprising, it was not fast, there was just one person working..

The ferry itself was okay, not new not old, snacks were available, we asked what's available and they didnt fit our diet.. we went quickly to the small shop around to get our own breakfast & coffee on board.

The view on Danube was fascinating--- for a few minutes.... More than half way was the same thing, river with trees and some houses.. I mean, its nice, but not particularly special, the Danube view we had on a restaurant in Bratislava was a lot more impressive. Check out my review on that restaurant if you're interested.

We took the bus on our way back, which cost us less than EUR10, sun went already down anyway so this pricey boat would not have worth it.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank NumberThirtyFour
Huntersville, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Great way to add another destination to a Vienna visit”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Really enjoyed the one hour (+) trip to Bratislava. Spent several hours knocking around Old Town - wish tI had time to spend a night there - maybe another trip. I had the Captain's Lounge seats as that was all that was available for my cruise. It was nice but not worth the additional cost. The general seating is quite roomy and with most everyone getting up for a drink / snack, or walking outside to enjoy the deck or smoke, the seating area is seldom anywhere near full.

I highly recommend the cruise and would strongly suggest spending a night in Bratislava. After the pretentiousness and high cost of Vienna, Bratislava's laid back attitude and very modest prices for everything was very welcome for this sojourner.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Red-Badger-22
Wollongong, Australia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Day trip Vienna to Bratislava October”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Took this service from Vienna to Bratislava and returned that night. Enjoyed the boat ride. We booked directly at the ticket office in Vienna. We went in October and had no trouble booking the return trip after arriving in Bratislava. But I imagine in peak season this might be more difficult.

Drinks available onboard coffee, beer soft drink and some muffins. For the return journey we grabbed some snacks at the supermarket in Eurovea Galleria. This is five minutes walk from the dock the boat departs.

Didn't bother with the premium seats, travelling at high speed in October was pretty cold outside so only a chance for a few photos outside.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Adam R
Asheville, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great trip up the Danube”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Since we couldn't take our rental car into Slovenia, we decided to make a day trip via this cruise. Very restful cruise, although I wish I had spent the extra money to sit in the front. I enjoyed the view from my side window - the fishermen's huts, castles, etc. But I think I would have loved the front row view unobstructed view of the Danube. This is a fairly large boat, and we sat near the back. So looking to the front, I could see nothing but the backs of lots of folks' heads. So if you are interested and can afford it - and think you might not be taking the trip again - splurge! Wish I had.

Visited October 2013