“Good location”

Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof Wien
Ranked #29 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Right next to the Metro and famous Graben shopping street. Staff was extremely busy when we checked in however they served us in a timely manner and were very apologetic. The room was quaint, clean and quiet. The only issue we had was that the air conditioner was not cold. We had to open our windows because the room was stuffy. We saw that other guests had their windows open too, so we assumed it was "normal." Overall, we still enjoyed our stay here. And Cafe Central is steps away from the hotel!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
EPerwanger, General Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof Wien, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Dr Wasabi
I am sorry, to hear that you had problems with the aircondition during your stay. In effect we had a period in May where it was quite a challenge to switch from hot to cool as the weather was changing rapidly and this is done over the same fancoils. Furthermore one of our cooling systems did not work properly and was in repair.
So airconditioning normally is not a problem. I do hope you will have the chance to confirm this during your next stay in Vienna.

With kind regards
Elisabeth Perwanger

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I couldn't help writing this review while I am still staying in this hotel. We check out on May 26th 2013.
The location of hotel is excellent. Everything is within walking distance.
The hotel rooms are excellent. Big spacious as compared to other similarly rated hotels in Europe.
Richard the concierge made our arrangement for transfer without a flaw. We contacted him last minute and we were picked up at the train station.
Now some things they can improve on.
I called the reception for 2 things. First to ask if I can get some coloring book and pencils for the child, she said yes off course, and I also mentioned that I had a message under the door and it has been wrongly delivered to me. The person said it is there because its for you. I said I am not the person whose name is mentioned on the message, she asked me to bring it down. I was surprised, I said why should I ? She then said I will see if I can find the pencil and coloring book.

I don't understand if this is lack of understanding the language or just the attitude where she wants me to bring the message which I informed them as a courtesy was not mine.

The house keeping staff is prompt when it comes to making our room when we leave however she every day forgot to replenish our shower gel and shampoo :)

Thanks
Amit

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A perfect place for a discerning traveler - central location, exclusive service, quiet street while being literally 3 minutes walk from the very center of it all - absolutely fabulous! One of the best hotels I have ever visited.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ilia B
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

While the rooms are lovely and the property is well located, the hotel does not employ enough staff to warrant a 5 star rating. The front desk staff ( while very competent) had to continually double up on duties so that they could cover for the one bellman and one concierge. In fact when the latter was sick or had a day off no one was able to cover for him. In a hotel like this that charges top euro, I expect more!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Skappy1
I am sorry to see that you were not satisfied with the level of service we provided during your stay.
We offer service at the level of a 4* superior hotel and do not have the staffing of a luxury 5 star hotel. During heavy times of arrivals and departures we might have situations where some waiting occurs, especially when we are in a period of unexpectedly high sick rates.
Nevertheless it is our ambition to provide the best possible service level and would be very happy to receive more detailed information on what you disliked.
Thank you for helping us to improve on our services we will definitely try to find a solution for such situations.
With kind regards
Elisabeth Perwanger

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this lovely hotel for 5 nights with a large group of university students. Our experience was very close to perfect. Working with the consierge, Bernhard, was by far the highlight of my stay as from the moment I arrived he treated me as both an old friend and honored guest. He went out of his way to make sure every day in Vienna was excellent for our group.

The location, just down the street from the Hofburg Palace, is perfect. We walked most places in the Old City but when we did need to use the Metro, the Herrengasse station was next to the hotel.

The breakfast buffet that was included with our rooms was excellent. I ordered a veggie omelette from the waitress every morning and on the 2nd morning she greeted me with a cappuccino, remembering my preference from the day before.

The only negative was the front desk staff's attitude toward our group and inefficiency during the check-in process as the professors and students arrived from long flights.

Even with that (and with assurance the check in process will be improved in the future), I highly recommend this hotel for individual and group stays.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We spent 3 days in Vienna and loved this hotel! The staff was excellent, location superb, and couldn't have asked for a better hotel in Vienna! We enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar and the breakfast was second to none! Fabulous food and excellent service! We will definitely stay here for our next visit to Vienna!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Round the corner to underground train station . Walking distance to
Spanish riding school and St. Stephen Cathedral the centre if city
Modern decor and clean linen .
Very friendly staffs