All reviews tram station city centre managed hotel hotel is located recommend this hotel room service minute walk air conditioning nice bathroom stayed nights very nice hotel wifi
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Rainers is an excellent hotel. The biggest plus in Rainers is the food and the very helpful staff. The reception desk has some excellent front desk managers who know how to serve customers. I dont remember his name but the front desk receptionist on the morning of 5th 2010 was a real gem when it comes to customer service. The food especially the buffet was very good.

Date of stay: May 2010
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I and my partner stayed here for five nights after a cycling tour from Vienna to Budapest. We were very impressed: modern, clean, comfortable. Our room was well equipped, even having a DVD player. We had a very pleasant and relaxing stay here.

Breakfasts were excellent, but we didn't try the restaurant for lunch or dinner. We ate out in the evenings, although, as others have commented, there's a lack of decent restaurants in the close vicinity. We did find a reasonable, but not great, Italian restaurant just around the corner in Wiedner Hauptstrasse, as well as what we think was a Serbian restaurant in one of the side streets off Gudrunstrasse.

As others have commented, although it's not in a great location, the public transport links are great, so you can whizz into the centre of Vienna in about 15 minutes via the trams at the (unusually, underground!) station at Matzleinsdorfer Platz, where you can pick up the #1 or 62 tram, or if you prefer, the S Bahn. Get a 7 day pass for €14 (despite what another reviewer has said, you can buy these from the automatic ticket machines and don't have to but them online) and you can explore the city very quickly and easily.

Our only criticism of the service at the hotel was that I reported in the morning after our first night that the mini-bar fridge wasn't working. This wasn't fixed that day, so I reported it again the next morning. I was told that it couldn't be fixed, but that we could order any item from room service for the same price. I didn't actually want to use the mini-bar (as with most hotels, I object to paying ridiculously inflated prices!) but did want to keep some medicine cool in the fridge. They offered to change our room, but to be honest, having spent a week packing our bags every day for the transfer to the next hotel on our cycling tour, we were pleased to have been able to properly unpack and make ourselves comfortable and so didn't relish moving once more. I suggested that they could simply swap a working fridge from another room (they obviously had a spare one), but they wouldn't do that. A minor gripe; it did irritate me a little, but I still would totally recommend the hotel in spite of this.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I have no words to express how happy we are after staying in the hotel for 5 days. The hotel is very new and everything from staff , infrastructure , breakfast , room , facilities are of 5 star. i felt i should stay there for some more days with my family. The staff is extremely helpful and approachable even though they dont understand 100% English but they make sure you get the best service...AMAZING PEOPLE !!!!!! Hotel is 5 mins walk from Tram and Train station and 15 mins travel from City centre - Opera house. I never faced any problem travelling with my 4 yr old kid to the main city...even Mc Donalds is nearby...Even they have Free Apple I MAC stations for internet...A real value for money !!!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank Globe_Trotter1809
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We were horribly misled by instructions to find the Hotel from the airport. Can't remember where we got the directions but they said take Tram 9 after getting off the CAT train from the airport. We searched and walked and asked for ages until figuring out that it was TRAIN 9 (actually Train S9). Oh the importance of translating things correctly.
Once here, have to say, apart from a somewhat disinterested spotty teenager on reception, it was really excellent. Very new, clean, superb beds, fantastic FULL breakfast (was getting really sick on European breakfasts so it was great to see BACON nd Sausages etc). To go to the city, walk out the hotel, across the road to Bus stop for the 14a. Get off about 4 stops later at the main shopping strip (next to Mcdonalds) and get on the U1 subway at Keplerplatz and get off at St stephens Cathedral/City. Easy !!

Date of stay: July 2010
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We have stayed at Rainers for 5 nights in May. It is a new and modern hotel. It is clean and the personnel is friendly. We had a "corner" room, with windows on two sides, facing the main road (Gudrunstasse).
The breakfast was good, but the restaurant was very crowded. We tried different hours (between 7 and 9:30) and we had trouble finding a (clean) table right away.
A downside is the location. It's not very close to the center - to go to Stephanplatz you get a bus (14A) for 3 or 4 stations to Keplerplatz and 5 stations with U1 underground. We had a weekly public transportation permit (14 EUR, valid from Monday to Monday, that it seems is only available online) so there wasn't a issue.

Date of stay: May 2010