“Good enogh”

Rainers Hotel Vienna
Ranked #159 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights at the end of september and everything was ok: a big room, very good and tasty breakfast, good wi-fi. The parking was 16 euros/night.
I had some problems with my credit card because the receptionist authorized twice my booking and for this reason I could't use a lot of money 3 days. Their mistake, my problem. I was expacting for some discounts, for example to pay only 3 days parking, but they didn't offer me something like this.
The same receptionist forgot to give me the vouchers which could be used to the bar (5 euros/voucher/night).
The hotels is not located very central but the red line subway is only to 10 minutes walk.
In the end I can say: good hotel, excellent staf (except one).

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Laurentiu_Pavel
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking a few minutes of your time to write a feedback about your stay.

I am sorry to hear that ,while you seem to have liked our hotel and its staff, we have missed the opportunity to act in your interest to compensate a mistake.
I am sure our staff has already done it, but once again I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding upon arrival and the inconvenience it has caused you.

Should you consider coming back to Vienna in the future, we would be more then happy to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Average 3 star hotel despite what the official classification says. It started off badly by charging for wifi, then a grumpy barman with no wine list, and ok food. Then as we tripped out we found the hotel was nowhere near anything and whilst 5 mins from tram 1 station if that was not running (as it wasnt one night) then its convoluted to get there by other metro/tram routes.
Overall nothing to recommend the hotel and there must be better and cheaper closer to the centre.

1  Thank Anthony H
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Anthony,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel.

I am very sorry, that the hotel and my team did not meet your expectations on this occassion.

As you mentioned, the hotel is located outside the city center, but you can reach it comfortably by tram, bus or s-train within 10 to 15 minutes. Our reception team is more then happy to assist with directions or recommendations.

Whilest we do offer a very good 4* product for an absolute compatible price, we continuosly improve our service and maintain our hotel to a very high standard.

We do hope to be able to one day welcoming you back.

Kind regards from Vienna,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Although hotel was clean and staff helpful, Not close to centre to walk but tube station very close. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking out at night from this hotel, and did not leave the hotel unless with my partner.

Room very hot, asked for air con putting on, receptionist came and opened our window, which we found hilarious although didn't alleviate the heat.

Room Tip: Not ideal if travelling alone due to location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Sarah,

thank you very much for taking the time to write a short feedback about your stay with us at the Rainers Hotel Vienna.

Whilst I am happy to hear that the cleanliness of our rooms and the service of our staff has met your expecations, I am sorry that our location did leave a negative impression on your trip to Vienna.

We are located outside the city center, however it only takes you approximately 15 Minutes by tram to reach the famouse Ringstrasse with all its sights.
As the hotel is situated in a typical residential area, we can assure you that you do not need to worry about your safety.

We would look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in July and it was unbearable. Asked for a fan but told they didn't supply them because the hotel had air con, trouble was that it was almost non-existent and when we walked back into the room, after a long day out, it was like entering a sauna. We were awake most of the nights and that had to face what could have been a reasonable breakfast apart from the slowness in replenish the buffet and a very rude and cross head waiter. The evening meal was disgraceful too, just imagine sitting in a hot restaurant with sweat pouring down your face to be confronted with soup and curry. The dessert might have been ok if I could have summoned up the energy to saw at it with a knife! Location is pretty awful too but at least you should know that that before you arrive. How this rates 4 stars is beyond me, perhaps it earned them when the hotel was not very busy and the weather was much cooler.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion about our hotel.

I am sorry that on this occasion we clearly were not able to perform the high standard service we are usually praised for.

As for the airconditioning problem, we have experienced for the first time in many years, a very long period of hot weather (above 35°C) in Vienna. Our cooling system was not able to cope with these warm temperatures, but I am happy to annouce, that we are going to improve our system until next summer.

We hope you will one day return to Vienna to properly enjoy the citys beauty!

Best regards,

Rainers Hotel Vienna

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I found the hotel staff friendly,but the rooms were rather small. The main disadvantage was the location. I would not be happy walking in the area at night alone and the transport was either tram or bus(the underground was too far to walk).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KufsteinBluebell
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a short feedback about your experience with our hotel.

Whilst I am glad to hear that our staff did leave you with a positiv impression, I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.

Our hotel offers different room categories aswell as packages in order to put together a variety of options to meet our guests needs. I am sorry to hear, that in your case we were not able to offer you the for you most comfortable room category.

The hotel, as you mentioned, is located outside the city center about 10 mins away from the nearest undergroud stop, however by taking the tram you can reach the city center within an app. 15 minutes.
We are situated in a residential area of Vienna and luckily we have never experienced any problems.

I do hope you had an interesting onward journey and arrived back home safely .

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel it self doesn't have many faults. It's nice looking, neat, clean and the staff is friendly.
Why non of that matters is because the location is really bad.
The hotel is set in a very run down part of Vienna, and VERY far from everything!
We ended up only exploring until late afternoon, and making our way back to the hotel, because we didn't feel safe walking around there at night.
Another problem, as with many hotels in Europe, is that they have the central heating on, and you can not do anything about it. It was uncomfortably hot.
We had such a disappointing trip to Vienna, purely because of the location, it put such a damper on all memories I have of the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LanaChalmers
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Lana,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at the Rainers Hotel Vienna.

Whilst I am glad to hear, that the service we have provided was in general to your liking, it is very disappointing that the location of our hotel did make you feel uncomfortable.
The area our hotel is situated is a regular residential area with restaurants, bars and small shops. I am sorry, that we were not able to talk about your worries.
The reception is more then happy to explain how to get to the city center the quickest and easiest. For example take the tram number 1 (3 minutes from the hotel) and get of at Kärntner Ring / Oper - which you will reach within app. 15 minutes.

For future reference, Vienna is a safe city, 2nd most livable city in the world and the Viennese are friendly and helpful! We hope you will one day come back and experience its beauty!

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

A three night stay here at the beginning of August - and I would not go there again.
So hot and air conditioning non existent. When someone asked for a fan they were more or less dismissed. Staff generally not that helpful.
Not over impressed with food either - soup and curry when temperature 30 +++. Service very slow too.
Location no good either - miles from anywhere to go/see/eat and rather "seedy" area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for writing a short feedback about your stay beginning of august.

I am very sorry, that we have not been able to meet your expectations during your stay.
We have had uncomfortably hot weather in Vienna the past few weeks, and unfortunately our air conditioning system was not able to cope with it. But please be assured that we look into improving it as soon as possible.
Your feedback about the restaurant, as well as the performance of our staff has been shared with all departmental managers and apropriate actions have been put in action.

I am not sure, if I understand "seedy" area correctly, but we are located in the middle of a residential area. Our reception staff is more then happy to give recommondation about restaurants, bars etc. in the surrounding neighbourhood.

Once again I would like to thank you for your time, and assure you, that your comment has been take very seriously.

Best regards,