“Superb tea and cakes”

Neighborhood: Inner City
Sliema, Malta
“Superb tea and cakes”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Such an elegant tea room with scrumptious cakes. You can't resist going to this place without trying their cakes or their delicious truffles. They have all kinds of truffles with different flavours...absolutely divine! A definite must try! You can't leave Vienna without having first tried this place.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Product was excellent, service could be much better”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Dear Gerstner Hofzuckerbaeckerei,

I traveled halfway across the world for you. You could have at least respected my wishes just a little bit. What you and your staff did has convinced me to find a different supplier for my future visits. Most likely that will be Cafe Residenz or Cafe Landtmann.

On the first day of our arrival, I went straight to your shop for a slice of cake and to buy a WHOLE CAKE. I asked you to freeze it in your big freezer so that I could transport it back to Toronto. Your ladies discussed the issue of freezing and we all agreed on which cakes would freeze/defrost the best. I paid 60+ € for the whole cake.

Two days later, I picked up the cake. Thank goodness I arrived early. The same ladies brought out the cake, packaged it nicely and gave it to me. They failed to tell me that it wasn't frozen. That it had NOT been frozen at all. If I had transported it on the airplane, it would have arrived - looking like a pile of chocolate mush - all broken from the tossing of baggage handlers. 60+ € of chocolate crap.

Fortunately, I had given myself time to properly wrap and freeze my treasures. And now, I have a beautiful cake to enjoy. No thanks to you.

Another complaint is that your server told me the strudel was nut-free. Yes, you do not include nuts IN the strudel filling but you sprinkle nuts on the serving tray! Like other fine bakeries, you should decide: with nuts or without nuts? Educate your chefs and servers on the dangers of nut allergies and be clear about the handling of nuts.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gigis_mum
north carolina
“Yum”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Come here for cake! Esterhazy torte, Dobos torte, Linzer torte, Sacher torte, etc to name but a few. All so good, so rich, so delicious. Coffee is exceptional as well. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

• Visited January 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Average confectionery ”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Desserts are delicious, but all the rest is not worth trying and spending money. They have exceptional berry tort. Strudel is also very good. Service needs some improvement.

Zagreb, Croatia
“Fantastic cakes!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

At Gerstner we ate some of best cakes in our lives! When we came in we were absolutely amazed by the looks of the cakes, and when we tried them we knew they don't have only the looks... Special recommendation goes to apple strudel. The waiters could be little more kind and the service was not so fast.

• Visited December 2013