“Very pleasant restaurant”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ordered main dish and dessert. It was quickly delivered, and delicious. Dessert was also very good except pancakes had little bit too much jam. They have excelent house wine, and pleasant english speaking staff. Two main dishes, two glasses of wine, two desserts and a bottle of water for 63 euros.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food was good, but we had much better in Salzburg. I would highly recommend the pork medallions as they were good. The wine selection was not as good as the literature around town would, have you to believe or at least our waiter was not very informative. The locals like to eat there, so they must love it.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Visited on the recommendation of the concierge, so was a bit suspicious that we were being sent to some place overly touristy, but was pleasantly surprised by Weibel's. The location is on a charming cobblestoned side street with a warm and inviting interior. the menu had a page dedicated to seasonal food (right now is asparagus) along with many traditional Austrian dishes. I tried the asparagus soup, followed by the veal cheeks. The food was fresh and the service was very efficient, although not necessarily warm. The restaurant seems to be small, but the tables were set far enough away that we weren't bothered with the discussions at the tables next to us.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stumbled upon this place in my walking around Vienna. I usually use trip advisor rankings, but I was tired and decided to give it a try and they had an outside table free in the shade. It was a very nice surprise -- I think I ate as many beautiful dishes as possible. See my pictures of some of the food. You usually hear stories from friends that eat at the Tourist places about the schnitzel hanging off the side of the plate -- well that is not how it really is done except for tourists. Mine came out as two small golden pieces accompanied by some fresh vegetables. Also, the asparagus salad was incredible. Recommended if you can find it. It's off the main thoroughfare, but worth finding!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were three colleagues having dinner here on 8 April 2013. This is a restaurant for traditional Austrian cuisine. We chose main courses from their special menu with food typical of the Steiermark province of Austria. This turned out to be a good choice. I had chicken with rice and vegetables. This is kind of grandma's cuisine, so it was very tasty and plentiful. The service was both friendly and efficient. The waiter made sure we always had wine in our glasses.
For dessert we had ice cream with whipped cream and pumpkin seed liqueur. Very tasty.
I have been here 2-3 times before and I have always been satisfied, both with food and service. This is a place where I will certainly come back and also a place that I can recommend to anyone who would like to try traditional Austrian food.