Tripadvisor
Vienna

“Relaxing high class food and service”

Julius Meinl am Graben
Ranked #187 of 5,096 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Diner, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A very civilised experience with excellent food, presented with sensitivity by serving staff who wanted you to have the best experience. My only quibble was that I thought the pulse accompaniment to my main course beef was marginally overcooked/dry.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (850)

Reviewed December 29, 2019

We were quite suprised to find a table, saturday night, at 10 o clock, with no reservation! The place is superb, nice decoration and great view, with exquisite service, perfect for fine dinning. The menu is sophisticated, we choose a simple austrian soupe(beef brooth) , a salad and a schnizel/fried breast from guinea fowk for main course.
Added experience is entering the restaurant via an elevator on a side street, with a table inside with a lit candle.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 22, 2019

Attempting to be an Austrian coffee, the shop had very little Austrian production, the coffee itself and Julius M. accessories are overpriced compared to local grocery stores. If you want to buy coffee just go to Billa or Hofer.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 31, 2019 via mobile

... you don’t explore beyond the first floor which you MUST. The selection of chocolates, marron glacé, panettone and other sweets will make your eyes bug out of your head. But once your heart rate returns to normal take the elevator and feast your eyes on the cheeses, pates, prepared foods, breads, fish and meats OH MY... if you love to cook, eat or simply marinate in the presence of people that do.... make a stop here!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2019

I had coffee here with a friend whom had just met me in Bratislava; and we came up to Vienna with a group. We had not seen each other in over a decade; and this is the place we selected to continue our catch-up conversation.

We sat on the patio; and the service was just fine. We were greeted promptly; and ordered our coffees. I loved the Maria Theresia coffee - I mean, what's not to love?

Phenomenal coffee; and the store had some amazing things. I would definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2019