“Excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Martinjak am Ring - CLOSED

Martinjak am Ring
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European, German
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Inner City
USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went here on a recommendation by a colleague. This was steps away from my hotel (Le Meridien) and had a late night dinner there on a Friday. I enjoyed the bread served with a variety of options (Austrian salt, some sort of butter, olive oil with spices and some horseradish. The smoked trout appetizer blew my socks off. It was a small plate, but packed with flavor. Trout was prepared in three ways: small filet, tartar and some sort of fried ball. Served with a mild, soft cheese, cucumbers and a couple of mild sauces, it was just phenomenal.
Wanting something authentic for my last night, I went with the schnitzel. Delicious as expected. Also had a couple of glasses of merlot. Wish I had room for dessert. Waiter was extremely friendly and accommodating. Would absolutely eat there again if I'm lucky enough to travel to Vienna again. (As with most other outdoor restaurants/cafes, be prepared for smokers - yuck!)

• Visited June 2013

Adelaide, Australia
“Great vibe, interesting food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

My mother and I dined in the restaurant May 2013 and enjoyed our experience immensely. The decor of the venue is very appealing with a modern, but warm look that had inside and outside terrace seating. I found the staff to be warm and friendly, whilst they also provided good suggestions for local wines to try. I am a bit of a foodie who likes to try new dishes, so it was great to get explanations from the waiter so that I could try things that were new to me. The food was presented beautifully and very tasty. I tried a goose liver terrine entree served with jelly cubes of rhubarb and accompanied with a palate cleanser of rhubarb juice with a crouton dipped in it. I ate traditional Wiener schnitzel served with a cool potato salad with a slight onion taste and lambs lettuce on top. The food was reasonably priced as we're the drinks. Would recommend this for an inviting repast.

• Visited May 2013
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Great Atmosphere, cutting-edge food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had dinner at Martinjak after a Vienna Philharmonic concert....what a great, late-night restaurant! The food was quite brilliant and cutting-edge..on the night we were there, we had incredible starters and main courses featuring trout and pea preparations, plus wine suggestions with each dish..including an amazing chocolate dessert and wine pairing. There is a beautiful bar for those who enjoy wine and small dishes, as well. We enjoyed the experience so much!

• Visited April 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Staying at Le Meridien Hotel; we were returning from our first day tour walking to the hotel from the Vienna Opera; we were very hungry and decided to eat at this near restaurant that looked very clean and pleasant.

We were welcomed warmly and being smokers we were seated outdoor overlooking the street but from a 1 meter high stage.

Every item we ordered was extremely delicious and well presented; we wanted to try the other menu items; so we decided to have lunch at the same restaurant daily in our four days visit to Vienna; our decision was absolutely right, the shrimp salad was superb we ordered it in 3 of our 4 luncheons.

We extremely enjoyed our meals; we highly recommend the Martinjak am Ring to all Vienna visitors.

• Visited June 2012
Madrid
“Brilliant Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

A little expensive, but the food is great, and the service matches the food. A good selection of wines, great selection of bread and dishes that I hadn't tried before.

Visited February 2013