“Great Atmosphere, cutting-edge food”
Review of Martinjak am Ring - CLOSED

Martinjak am Ring
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had dinner at Martinjak after a Vienna Philharmonic concert....what a great, late-night restaurant! The food was quite brilliant and cutting-edge..on the night we were there, we had incredible starters and main courses featuring trout and pea preparations, plus wine suggestions with each dish..including an amazing chocolate dessert and wine pairing. There is a beautiful bar for those who enjoy wine and small dishes, as well. We enjoyed the experience so much!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Staying at Le Meridien Hotel; we were returning from our first day tour walking to the hotel from the Vienna Opera; we were very hungry and decided to eat at this near restaurant that looked very clean and pleasant.

We were welcomed warmly and being smokers we were seated outdoor overlooking the street but from a 1 meter high stage.

Every item we ordered was extremely delicious and well presented; we wanted to try the other menu items; so we decided to have lunch at the same restaurant daily in our four days visit to Vienna; our decision was absolutely right, the shrimp salad was superb we ordered it in 3 of our 4 luncheons.

We extremely enjoyed our meals; we highly recommend the Martinjak am Ring to all Vienna visitors.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A little expensive, but the food is great, and the service matches the food. A good selection of wines, great selection of bread and dishes that I hadn't tried before.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had passed this restaurant several times as I was staying at the Le Meridian hotel next door, there always seemed to be quite a crowd inside and one cold January night I just didn't want to go far for dinner, so in I went.........well what a little gem, friendly staff, good sized wine list with a good menu, tried the deer then the boar, very nice. There was a good mix of locals and tourists and there was a steady stream of patrons arriving to keep the tables topped up. I will be back on my next visit to Vienna.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The last night of a visit to Vienna (which already included many delicious and interesting meals) I could not have been more satisfied after our experience at Martinjak am Ring.

The interior itself had a bit of an upscale, rustic feel. We had already scanned the menu before coming in and knew that we had a set of rather interesting options to choose from.

Bread with sweet pepper dip & pumpkin seed dip arrived at our table as we were making our decisions on what to order. Our appetizer was a quirky and fascinating take on "Fish & Chips": “Fish & Chips”: Marinated salmon with pomegranate & smoked blue marlin with avocado fruit salad & chips.

Months later, as I write this, I can still remember my main meal very clearly and the delicious (albeit unusual seeming) combination of ingredients. "Skreifish filet with beetroot poppyseed noodles & chocolate fennel foam"- the fish melted in my mouth and the ingredients accompanying it were a lovely, surprising match that I thought about long after I left the restaurant!

Truly a surprise & memorable meal!