“Good value Austrian cuisine although limited options”

sopherl am naschmarkt
Ranked #2,292 of 4,943 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

If you wish to try some standard Viennese dishes Sopherl is a good option with a very reasonable price/quality ratio. The a la carte menu offers a HANDFUL of typical Austrian dishes or snacks, eg. Wiener Schnitzel, breaded turkey with lettuce and Styrian pumpkin seed oil, Frankfurter sausages, etc. The flavors are fine. Given its limited menu it received a 3-star rating.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed April 23, 2018

This is a basic little bar that provides the opportunity to sit outside and take in a few drinks while watching the every day activities of the busy market. The biers are of good quality and are reasonably priced and the waiters are efficient. Its well worth a visit.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyable, reasonably priced lunch. Goulash is particularly tasty. Service was a bit slow despite the bar being quiet. Overall not exceptional but not bad for some authentic Viennese dishes.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018

Located across from our hostel, we thought it be worth a visit for a nice traditional dinner. We entered the resturant and found ourselves a seat - we were not asked if we wanted anything for at least half an hour. As both me and my friend work for restaurants or bar we did not want to be rude and summon people over however, it was obvious she was serving people who had entered after us, before us! Once drinks were ordered it took more time to order food which again took longer than any other customer in the room. The woman serving us was more interested in watching the winter olympics than focusing on her job.
The food was good, very traditional and enough for a dinner sitting, however the service really let them down.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

I was actually on my way to somewhere else when I walked past this place. I stopped and glanced at the menu, wiener schnitzel for €9.90. sounds alright I thought. I got the garlic schnitzel with rice - same price - and oh my god it was amazing! Hit the spot perfectly.

Date of visit: June 2017