“A "must try"!”

Neighborhood: Landstraße
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A "must try"!”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

In all our Indian food evenings alover the world - with bitter dissapointments and some times an exquisite dish, I have never come across such a place. Every dish that I have tried was perfect for my taste. Hot was indeed hot but at the same time you could eat the entire dish without regrets. Mild dishes were always delicate and creamy and the naan was perfect. They were always kind enough t make a dish that was not in the menu. The beer takes a little long to come but the special thing about Indus in my opinion is the setting: the decor is modern without any Indian paraphelia and the tables are very close to eachother; that gives you the oportunity to have some friendly conversations with other people - that is if you want to. I always felt more "sociable" in Indus and once again, the food is always delicious.

1 Thank Whatevergoes

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Washington DC
“Solid choice for Indian-Pakistani food in Vienna”
Reviewed November 16, 2010

In the area of Kunsthaus, this is a good choice for food. The owners are Pakistani, but the food offers a mix of both Indian and Pakistani options in a somewhat cheaply decorated but modern dining room. We really enjoyed the Butter Chicken which had a lot of fenugreek and other aromatic spices… and the appetizers and breads we tried were also quite nice. The staff is friendly and helpful with questions.

1 Thank Matars_Z
Tampa, Florida
“We were delightfully pleased with the...”
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We were delightfully pleased with the delicious fare turned out by this hidden gem of an Indian restaurant. Everything was scrumcious especially the lassies and masala! We would return for sure!

1 Thank Lauritafrita
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“n search of an authentic...”
Reviewed May 31, 2008

n search of an authentic Indian restaurant I came across the recently opened Indus in Vienna. I’ve been driving by several times during construction and yesterday evening I finally dropped-in in anticipation of fine Indian food. The expectation was high and unexpectedly topped! From the starter (Samosa) to the main dish (Tikka Masala) to the desert (Gajar Halwa) accompanied by perfect Papadum & Naan the dinner was amazing delicious. One tiny point of criticism: I ordered my curry very hot and became a lame spice. But it wasn’t a problem at all to get some (really great) chili paste to spice the curry up. The beverages, a King Fisher, Lassi and Chai had been as perfect as the food.

The design & interior is very nice but modest - just a place to feel comfortable in any sense!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook