“Very Good Lamb Leg”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old University Quarter
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Greek Restaraunt is located in small street, is clean and is furnished in a simple way: I had a Kotsi, lamb leg seved with vegetable (zucchini, aubergine and green beans) and potato, very good and the sauce was delicious. With half liter of wine (very expensive) bill was 32,00. Staff is expecting the tips.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to Achilleus a year ago when we were in Vienna and were impressed with the quality of the cuisine and the way the restaurant catered for our special dietary needs. The experience this year was even better. The seafood platter was one of the best that I have ever eaten, beautifully grilled fish, both spined fish and shell-fish. Washed down with a white Biblio Chora was a perfect experience topped off with a Metaxa. Service is attentive and responsive to special dietary needs but easy-going and relaxed. All in all a wonderful experience highly recommended.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This delightful restaurant close to Schwedenplatz had some of the best Greek food we have encountered in ages (great taramasalata, tzatziki, perfectly cooked bream/orata). Prices were fair, with retsina wine for only dollars/glass. But the waiter, oh the waiter! Routinely ignored us to watch the Olympics at the shop next door (to be fair, he also had to wait tables across the street as well as in the restaurant). Then when he presented the bill and I did not add a tip to the Visa charge, he stated, "Tip is not included" - now, I have never been to a restaurant in a major European city where the tip is not compris, but with him hovering over us, I felt required to leave some cash. Which he immediately seized and put in his pocket. So, a restaurant worth visiting if you can stand some aggravation.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

When you've had enough traditional Vienese food and are ready for a change, one of my favorite restaurants in Vienna is Achilleus. Reservations are usually not needed but it you would like a nice table by the window, a reservation will help. This is a cozy yet open restaurant with a delightful staff, delicious food at great prices, plentiful dishes, and don't be surprised if you find yourself going back a second night for more. The mixed grill plate for two is a favorite, especially when you can't decide. Enjoy, and tell them I said hello! My annual trip to Vienna is not complete without dinner here at least once!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just around the corner from our Hotel Austria we had a fabulous dinner at Achilleus. Our Greek waiter was very attentive. I had the lamb chops, my daughter had the lamb tenderloin. Both were superb.