“Week In Vienna”

Hotel-Pension Baronesse
Ranked #211 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hi we had a 4 night stay in Baronesse My Secret Home and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the hotel,excellent central location to go visit Vienna and surrounding areas as the public transport system is on the doorstep,lots of restaurants and pastry/cake shops serving a great choice of teas/coffee at reasonable prices.The hotel was very clean,room was lovely only thing was there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room.The bathroom was adequate with a lovely high prssure shower and no end of shower gel/shampoo supplied.The staff were lovely.mannerly,friendly and very helpful,but there is no wheelchair access ramp which we needed as our daughter has to use a wheelchair. Would I stay here again? Yes,definitely! There was free WiFi available,I didnt avail of it.I saw some of the reviews saying it was noisy,we had a street room and apart from the trundling of the trams did not find it noisy. We thoroughly recommend you go to Bennos Bar and Restaurant as the selection of food,desserts and beer are brilliant and the staff are genuinely mannerly to talk to when ordering its a 15 minute walk away just ask in the hotel how to get there and just to point out our son lives in Vienna and he brought us to it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnNorth1961

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at the Baronesse for two days at the end of November to check out the Christmas Markets in Vienna. This particular hotel was within a 10 minute walking distance to the main Christmas Market at the Rathuas (New City Hall).

The hotel itself is decent. The lobby is small and dated, but all the front desk staff were great to deal with. They were always very helpful from giving directions to: Market, Pharmacy, pick-up point for the Hop-on Hop-off bus, to helping book railway tickets for my trip to Budapest. They are some of the friendliest and most helpful front desk staff I have encountered as of late.

I stayed in Room #2, a single room on the first floor. The room was well decorated in the modern style. The only real comment about the room was that it was very small...but that did not keep me from enjoying it.

I ate breakfast my last morning there, and I was presently surprised with it. I had read some negative comments about it. While it is no smorgasbord, it has a wide selection of food choices. The only eggs they had out were boiled eggs, but a french couple came in after me and asked if the staff could fix them some scrambled eggs, and they did with out any fuss. Yes, 12 euros is pricey for breakfast, but if you would like the convenience of eating in the hotel then this is an option.

If I could rate this hotel with more than just solid stars I would give it a firm 3.5 stars. Good location, friendly staff, and nice, but small room. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mikel911
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good price but all bedrooms don't look like the pictures on the wbesite.
Our room was less qualitative and it was noisy because we were on the street.
Breakfast not included, it is 12€.

Nevertheless, those are the positive points:
> lot coffee bars, restaurants around the hotel
> 15 min max from the city center
> near line 43 of the tram
> 8 minutes walking from a subway station (Alser Strasse , line U6 and Schottentor line U2)
>nice staff: they have a luggage room so you can let your luggages there to go and visit Vienna.

Room Tip: Avoir the rooms that are on the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel was easy to find from the airport and in a good location. The free wifi in the room was a great bonus. My room was at the rear of the hotel and there was no noise. Although the breakfast was excellent, I thought it was rather expensive at 12 Euro.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Vienna.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here---clean, good location, all the amenities we needed. The price was fair and included free in-room internet connection. There was plenty of room for the three of us (parents plus adult child). We really enjoyed the staff; there were all friendly, helpful and personable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location was great! As is the case with most hotels easpecially the older ones in Vienna - no air conditioning. We were there for 2 night the end of July - no air conditioning and it was close to 100 degrees! Yes we are spoiled AMericans - so we were less than comfortable. We had a room that faced the street - opening the windowns meant we couln't sleep because of the noisy tram that ran until midnight just outside our window.

Room was clean but small- we had three people so we required a double bed plus a cot- very little room to move...

Room Tip: upper floor away froom street if you want to get a good night's sleep
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

If I had one word to describe this hotel it would be cheesy. The decoration is cheap and very old. Everything is very worn. The wall paper is peeling. The towels are ragged. They have no toiletries available for guests, just a large bottle of cheap soap attached to the wall like a public bathroom. There is no AC. The tv is small and not a flat screen. There is no safe. The hair dryer is burned through the plastic. The matresses were thin and uncomfortable. We chose this hotel based on the reviewers here but I'm not sure what kind of room they stayed at. I uploaded some pictures of the place. The hotel has a lot of potential unfortunately management cuts corners wherever possible. On the plus its a great location.

• Stayed: October 2012