“so so.... overestimated restaurant”
Review of Restaurant Tempel

Restaurant Tempel
Ranked #42 of 4,551 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family went to this restaurant because it was close to our hotel and it had very good reviews. We ordered early bird three course menu. The salmon in a main dish was awful, and chicken was not fully cooked. They charged Gedeck (10.50 euros). Dont want to go there again

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Beware of this place. It is pleasant enough but is expensive for what it is. The owner is very charming and promotes the restaurant as fine dining which it is not. I went with a friend and we ate outside which was rather akin to a yard at the rear of a block of flats. The service was good but the food, calamari and veal, was very bland and just average.

1  Thank lyeemoon
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The service was attentive and went above and beyond normal food service. And when food is as delicious as it was during our visit, it is difficult to describe in words.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel, which was on the same road. It is hidden, off the road. Although there is a sign on the main road, we would not have noticed this restaurant without the recommendation.

The first night we arrived, they didn't have any space so we booked a table for the following evening. The restaurant is very small, with less than 10 tables in the entire restaurant. So expect to book.

The waiter was very accommodating. We cannot read German and they do not have English menus (perhaps a good sign you haven't gone into a tourist trap), so he had to translate the entire menu to us.

We went for the early bird set menu which is reasonably priced. The food was well cooked and beautifully presented. Decent portion sizes. The only issue our table had was that the food was slightly too salty for us, but we have come to realise that this is the case for all food in Austria.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The aspirations of this place are clear, to present a fine dining experience, but the execution left me wanting. The waitstaff was competent if not polished. The decor was the same that you'd expect from an average Austrian restaurant, but lacking the sophistication that one would expect from an upscale restaurant. The food was well-prepared, but certainly far from surprising. As a starter I ordered the hausgeräuchertes Bachforellenfilet (smoked brook trout)(see photo). It was well-prepared, but boring. For my main course I ordered Putenbrust in Mole Poblano Maismehl - Crêpes (Turkey breast in Mole sauce with corn crepes). Austria is a country where the quality of poultry meat is unparalleled. However, the meat used for this dish did not meet the standards that I expect from a fine dining establishment in Austria. I didn't even finish all of my turkey.