“Simply good food”

Cuisines: Austrian
Enschede
“Simply good food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Fine food, nice Biergarten. Plain and simple, not expensive. They use bio products. Meat is excellent, for example

Visited August 2012

Grabs, Switzerland
“Cant wait to go back”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have passed by many times but with all the restaurants in nearby Feldkirch busy at the end of a long drive from Munich to our home in Switzerland we decided to try it or be faced with cooking at home..... I’m so glad we did.
On the face of it this place was busy too. The car park was almost full but what surprised me was that there were not just local plates but cars from Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Germany as well as Austria. The restaurant was very busy but the welcome was warm and they found us a pleasant table.
Ambience - Very nice, a typical old Austrian farmhouse building in natural materials but with modern touches here and there. It was very nice and relaxing and although busy it felt comfortable as the dinning room was split into three distinct areas.
Service - Simply super and very efficient. I liked the way the staff wore traditional Austrian dress. The food came very quickly and I liked the way our young boy was served first.
Menu - Wonderful traditional Austrian home cooking but presented very well and in a modern way.
I thought the price was modest considering that just 500 mtrs up the road was Switzerland where a comparable meal would have been 30% more at least.
I am looking forward to eating there again soon.

• Visited October 2011