Booked a skiing holiday through a UK package tour company for half board at this hotel which are two things we never do and therefore had quite low expectations. Turned out to be probably the best overall hotel experience i have had skiing in europe. The location of the hotel is unbeatable in Kitzbuhel being 20 metres from the bottom of run 21 into town and 50 metres from the main cable car. The service throughout our stay was absolutely faultless, both atentive and friendly. The facilities in the hotel are quite traditional but very clean and spacious. Rooms likewise with decent comfortable beds. what was of most surprise was the food. We were quite expecting to eat in the restaurant a couple of nights and eat out the rest. We ate in the restaurant every night. The food was really good quality and presented in a very modern way with plenty of variety.
To my mind the hotel only has one area of slight weakness but to be fair this is true of Austria generally. The Apres ski/cocktail bar downstairs is not quite right. It is definitely not an apres ski bar as it far to flash and therefore doesnt create the right atmosphere (despite the free afternoon feast to residents). It is definatly a really good after dinner cocktail/piano bar and there lies the problem. SMOKING!! We tried to go there two nights but lasted only one drink. There were only 10 people there, half of them smoking an dispite being a large room there appeared to be little or no air con. Furthermore we later found out that there is a couple of couches in the non smoking area but each time we went there people were happily puffing away anyway. You dont really feel like arriving on the scene and asking people to put their fags out. Any bar in Austria not serving food is a shocker for non smokers. could be a really good bar.
However, the overperformance of the rest of the hotel means that i still have given maximum marks.
Its quite a big hotel so you get quite a good mix of people/nationalities. I would say it would fit couples or smallish groups between 35 and 55 best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kitzbuehel stands for Holiday – all year round! Welcome to the Kaiserhof Kitzbuehel****s – perfectly situated in the romantic alpine city between ski slopes and golf greens. The quiet but also central location of our hotel at the edge of Kitzbuehel is a perfect place and the center of the historic old town can be reached in less than 5 minutes walk. The world famous Hahnenkamm cable car station and the end of the ski slopes “Asten” and the legendary “Streif” are located directly at the hotel. Due to the fact that the Hahnenkamm cable car is operating during the summer we offer the ideal starting point for excursions into the beautiful Tyrolean Mountains - all year round. Therefore you can leave your car well protected in our underground garage. No matter whether you want to spend a romantic getaway, a spa weekend, a golf holiday, a hiking or skiing holiday, a short trip to one of the famous events in the region or a business trip in combination with a conference or seminar - we at the Kaiserhof have for more than three generations been looking after the wellbeing of our guests and offer you the perfect symbiosis of tradition and modern lifestyle for your holiday. Comfort, high class furniture and facilities, spa and fine dining are the main parts for all expansions of the hotel as well as for the constant improvement of the offer. The Spa & Wellness area with cozy chill out areas serves as a retreat for relaxing. The sauna and the swimming pool help the muscles to regenerate after exercise, the first-class equipment of the gym support the activation of new power and a large selection of beauty & massage treatments are available for those who want to spoil themselves. The awarded cuisine will spoil you with local specialties and international delicacies. Wine lovers will find not only the famous names but also exciting discoveries in the wine cellar. A look at the fine selection is recommended. The rooms & suites are equipped with high-quality Swiss stone pine furniture in Tyrolean country house style. Minibars, the non-alcoholic drinks are included in the price, and a modern infotainment system on the flat screen TVs (international TV channels, Internet on TV) are the last improvements. Wireless LAN in all areas of the hotel as well as broadband internet access for your personal laptop in your room are available and free of charge. Are you curious now? Send us your no-obligation inquiry - we will immediately reply with your particular offer for your personal holiday. We are looking forward seeing you soon at the Kaiserhof Kitzbuehel! Your Kaiserhof Team ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Kitzbuehel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Kitzbuhel Hotel
- Best Western Kitzbühel
- Best Western Kitzbuhel
- Best Western Hotel Kitzbühel
- Kitzbühel Best Western